Sixman trivia

I have been told that Lingleville played Strawn in 66 and 67. At least one of those years Lingleville defeated Strawn. May have been Lingleville's first win.

hornkeeper12... it was "Unbelievable Sports" that Gordon was featured on in 1996.

I talked with Kenney Blakney, he played in 1966 and didn't remember playing Lingleville. John Gibson and Victor Salazar(both starters) said Strawn played Lingleville in 1967 and beat them. Until I see some documentation to say different I believe Strawn only played them in 1967. The local historian was at the Trio Club that night.

OBK there where a few articles that came up when I searched for "Lingleville Strawn" between the years 1966 and 1967. They were ARN and I couldnt view them for some reason. But one or 2 gave a little article on updated district standings and with that article you may be able to find a past weeks game score within the article...

And Coach Miller's answer is incorrect (alt title for The Slaughter Rule)

SixFan19 got it right on the ESPN TV show title

I talked to someone that witnessed the 1966 Lingleville/Strawn game. It was held at Lingleville's home field and Strawn (who had a good team) lost by a close score. That was the year Coach Hafley had left for Gustine and Strawn had a coach that was "highly experimental". That was most likely Lingleville's only win those two years. However, Lingleville didnt turn in many scores those two years, most scores found were turned in by the home team.

Lingleville was in a large district with Gordon and Strawn in 66 and 67. Lingleville cancelled the last two games of their 1967 season and that might have included Strawn that year. Gordon played and defeated Lingleville and Strawn both seasons.

I just got back from the Strawn-Abilene Christian game(Strawn lost) and spoke with Gary Dixon(who played in both Lingleville games) about Lingleville. He said Strawn beat Lingleville 18 to 12 at Strawn in 1966 and Strawn beat Lingleville at Dublin 52 to 14 in 1967. Lingleville did not have a football field so their home game was played at Dublin.

SixFan19":2j4yc7go said:
I have been told that Lingleville played Strawn in 66 and 67. At least one of those years Lingleville defeated Strawn. May have been Lingleville's first win.

hornkeeper12... it was "Unbelievable Sports" that Gordon was featured on in 1996.

Should have read down the list before answering.

Here is some trivia:

Did you know Sam Peckinpah played and coached six-man football. Director of the Wild Bunch. In the book "Sam Peckinpah Interviews" by Kevin Hayes, there is this exchange while on the topic of sports:

Interviewer: You see such @$$ holes coaching
Peckinpah: And they're yelling at kids, and they think everybody is a Vince Lombardi, for Christ's sake. What the F@#! is that! I use to coach when I was playing six-man football. I was the coach and we beat everybody except for the "super bowl". I think it was I didn't drop back for enough to cover for a pass, and they dropped one on us for six points and it was...We beat beat varsity players. A lovely, lovely game. Everybody loved the game."

Also sports writer Roger Kahn played six-man football in high school.

At least 2 star MLB players played six-man football in high school...

one has been talked about before on here...hint Hall of Famer who played for the Red Sox...the other should be in the Hall of Fame but isnt and played for the Brooklyn Dodgers...

Leman Saunders":27byp6ka said:
At least 2 star MLB players played six-man football in high school...

one has been talked about before on here...hint Hall of Famer who played for the Red Sox...the other should be in the Hall of Fame but isnt and played for the Brooklyn Dodgers...

Duke Snider?????

I was pretty clear...PLAYED 6-Man Football. You are over thinking this. Heck Rube Foster was born in Calvert but that was way before 6-man football was invented.

The person had to have actually played six-man football

Leman Saunders":3ltz3wnf said:
I was pretty clear...PLAYED 6-Man Football. You are over thinking this. Heck Rube Foster was born in Calvert but that was way before 6-man football was invented.

The person had to have actually played six-man football
One question. Did he play high school football?

Back