11man to Sixman

I just find it funny that some of these 11man teams who join sixman think they are going to dominate right away. Then they struggle and will say cause it's hard to transition to. Our first year our junior high was 7-1, JV 7-1, and then varsity was 10-2. The two losses coming from Throckmorton, and then in the playoffs to state runner up Valley. I do believe our success came from the fact we had a group of guys that would go up to the football field all the time and play 6 on 6 or 7 on 7. The QB couldn't run, and everyone was an eligible WR. So, when football season rolled around and coach explained the rules of sixman, we grasped on to it pretty quickly.

After saying all that any rumors of who will be joining the sixman ranks next realignment?
Haven’t heard any rumors but when I was looking at the 2024-26 alignment numbers. Fruitvale who is six man Independent is sitting at 109. Colmesneil is 2AD2 sitting at 108, probably would opt up but crazier things have happened. Meridian at 106. And also Iraan is at 109, currently in a district with former sixman teams Van Horn and Sterling City. One more team that instantly stood out was Hull-Daisetta, 2AD2. Have 101 kids but currently 0-7 this year. Always looking forward to hearing alignment talk

Haven’t heard any rumors but when I was looking at the 2024-26 alignment numbers. Fruitvale who is six man Independent is sitting at 109. Colmesneil is 2AD2 sitting at 108, probably would opt up but crazier things have happened. Meridian at 106. And also Iraan is at 109, currently in a district with former sixman teams Van Horn and Sterling City. One more team that instantly stood out was Hull-Daisetta, 2AD2. Have 101 kids but currently 0-7 this year. Always looking forward to hearing alignment talk
Hull-Daisetta’s location might be an issue as they are between Houston and Beaumont

Hull-Daisetta’s location might be an issue as they are between Houston and Beaumont
They are 1A in all sports expect football. Currently in a basketball district with burkeville, Chester, and high island. If they opt down to 1A they will be most likely be in a district with Burkeville, Chester, High Island and Apple Springs depending on other schools alignments.

Back