Sixman trivia

Answering a question from about three pages back. Probably the girl from May that was mentioned would be Bonnie Buchanan (sp). She played six-player basketball in the 70's and averaged around 70 points a game. Went on to play for ACU. I don't remember hearing anything about track.

Thank you Blue Bird! That's the one I was thinking of pretty sure she went to state in track in multiple events a couple of years and won her events...need to dig more on it.

Atkins and Buchanan are far better choices than Richardson...but don't get me wrong Richardson would be in the top 5 or 10 at least...

who cares about working cattle

and lifegate...please lets not do that!

74 pts. in a game Bonnie Buchanan, May High (W 110-34) Zephyr High, 1/23/1976 (5'9" jr.)
69 pts. in a game Bonnnie Buchanan, May High v. Lakeview San Angelo, 1977
67 pts. in a game Bonnie Buchanan, May Tigers (W 81-55) San Angelo Lake View, 12/10/1976 69? 81-65? Hardin-Simmons Univ. Tournament quarterfinals
63 pts. in a game Bonnie Buchanan, May High, Dec. 1975
59 pts. Bonnie Buchanan, May High (W 103-56) at Lohn High, 11/11/1975
59 pts. Bonnie Buchanan, May Tigers (W 73-57) Hawley High, 12/11/1975 Hardin-Simmons Tournament, 1st round
59 pts. Bonnie Buchanan, May Tigers (W 110-29) at Early HS “B”, 12/30/1975 Early High School Tournament 1st round
59 pts. Bonnie Buchanan, May Tigers (L 72-96) at Robert Lee HS, 1/18/1977
58 pts. Bonnie Buchanan, May High (W 76-31) Santa Anna, 2/14/1977 (5'10" sr.•25 FG•8 FT•36 in 2nd half) 76-41? Bi-District Playoff at Brownwood Coliseum
58 pts. Bonnie Buchanan, May High (W 75-66) Brock HS, 2/19/1977 (p.m.) (5'10" sr.•21 FG•16 FT•114 pts. in 1 day/2 games) Region II-B Tourney Championship Game at Stephenville

Currently holds UIL State Basketball Tourny Records for Conference A in:
Individual free throws, game: 26, Bonnie Buchanan, May, 1977
Individual high score, series (2 games): 94, Bonnie Buchanan, May, 1977.

Her dad was the supe at May. He gave me the best advice ever. He said that when you coach at small schools, don't worry about the good kids, they will grow up and move on. Be sure and be good to the a**holes, they will hang around and get elected to the school board. He was pretty much right. Ha

Shelly McCaulley from May was a great track athlete, she ran 3,200 when it first began and think won state, do not know about her basketball ability.

Vicky Lee from May won state in 100 and I think 200. Again do not know about her basketball ability.

In her Sr. year, 1976-77, Bonnie Buchanan of May was a Parade All-American and was later Div II Player of the Year at Abilene Christian and was on the U.S. Pan American Team.

Ok this needs to get back on trivia....someone should start a thread about female athletes....

and once again it looks like I have stumped everyone on a trivia question

oneday":1rofowfx said:
Back to Trivia Questions....don't know why...no one can answer the ones I ask...

What's the name of the girl football player, who played 2 seasons at a six-man school, who's photo (and other artifacts relating to her playing days) is on display at the Texas High School Football exhibit at the Bob Bullock Museum in Austin? Bonus points if you can also name the school...triple bonus points if you name the 2 seasons she played.
Ding, dang, durn. Just saw this last week, can still see it in my mind but can't answer the question. Way too much stuff to see to remember it all.

Q:
Name the current 6 man schools who have never played 8 or 11 man football.

Good question! I remember this from the history thread I think...

I will let others attempt but start the list off with 2 easy ones...

Veribest, Bloomburg

Nope. They were always 11 man. However, I think Groom had one back in the 40's. I had an article about it on the old history thread.

oneday":1ap82och said:
Q:
Name the current 6 man schools who have never played 8 or 11 man football.

Good question! I remember this from the history thread I think...

I later found out I had a few wrong on that list too. Quite a few schools that have been 6 man a long time did a stint in 11 man or 8 man for a while.

Back