Several six-man cases going before UIL SEC tomorrow

While browsing my wife’s Facebook account, I came across a post by a mother whose young son had been the victim of a bully at his school. He looked to be around ten years old lying in the hospital bed. The story was that the older bully choked the little kid till he passed out then was thrown down on the concrete, hitting his head. He had a concussion with a bleed. The part that made me think of this thread, was that she said the school personnel failed to intervene, or to do anything about it.
I just wondered if maybe they had already heard about what happens to you if you break up a fight!

Johnny South":qywpjvgh said:
While browsing my wife’s Facebook account, I came across a post by a mother whose young son had been the victim of a bully at his school. He looked to be around ten years old lying in the hospital bed. The story was that the older bully choked the little kid till he passed out then was thrown down on the concrete, hitting his head. He had a concussion with a bleed. The part that made me think of this thread, was that she said the school personnel failed to intervene, or to do anything about it.
I just wondered if maybe they had already heard about what happens to you if you break up a fight!

wow way to connect an apple to an orange...

Pistol, re: your comment. I believe his point was to use an example from the recent past and project into the recent infamous “Marfa Incident”, and it was well taken. My question to you is, given these same circumstances, and knowing the UIL’s ruling, WHAT WOULD YOU DO ? Let ‘em fight ? Or try to break it up and restore order ? Is that apple to apple explanation good enough?

FCSA football":felt98kg said:
Pistol, re: your comment. I believe his point was to use an example from the recent past and project into the recent infamous “Marfa Incident”, and it was well taken. My question to you is, given these same circumstances, and knowing the UIL’s ruling, WHAT WOULD YOU DO ? Let ‘em fight ? Or try to break it up and restore order ? Is that apple to apple explanation good enough?

I don't know.. is one of the bullies already off of the kid and standing to the side? are kids all from the same school that a teacher is charged with taking care of? there is absolutely no apple to apple here..
IN this siutation.. you have to take care of your kids first.. the marfa coach was wrong in that aspect too.

The problem with what sanderson coach did was he went out of his way to sling the marfa player to the ground.. after the kid was already off of the scrum.. if you can't see that on the clip then I'm not sure what to tell you.
I can't believe there are so many people so ready to defend this. Was there malicious intent? probly not.. was he trying to hurt the kid and send him to the hospital? i wouldn't say so.. should he have been arrested? NO

was the punishment handed down from the UIL too much? No I don't think so

Actually it appears that he is trying to get back into the “scrum” when he is tossed out for the Second Time.
But to each his own. I’m just sorry that there was only one camera angle to view.
“Let ‘em Fight”. (Apparently the position the UIL has taken”.) Nobody in their right mind would be dumb enough to intervene after this, even if the poor little kids attack a ref. Which actually happened in one of our playoff games in 1962.
I guess the future will tell.........

FCSA football":l2u9stts said:
Actually it appears that he is trying to get back into the “scrum” when he is tossed out for the Second Time.
But to each his own. I’m just sorry that there was only one camera angle to view.
“Let ‘em Fight”. (Apparently the position the UIL has taken”.) Nobody in their right mind would be dumb enough to intervene after this, even if the poor little kids attack a ref. Which actually happened in one of our playoff games in 1962.

it "actually appears" that he is standing there after another coach had already pulled him off.

I wonder why that other adult or the marfa AC who got there first are not being suspended for the rest of the year if the uil position is to let them fight.. coaches and adults need to be held to a higher standard in this situation, he crossed the line. the Marfa HC crossed the line in his reaction as well and that is why he got another game.

FCSA football":5nei74m2 said:

1962?

Where were you in 62? I was 6 that fall.

Great movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069704/

Living in South Texas, going to school, playing sports, playing in a Rock and Roll Band, Drag Racing, Surfing, Hunting, Fishing, “Just Living the Dream”.........

Was watching BSPN this morning. Looks like they’re about to try to lynch the Aggies coach now. He dared to lay hands on one of his players trying to fight on camera! Was he arrested?

oldfat&bald":1f8nrttw said:
Was watching BSPN this morning. Looks like they’re about to try to lynch the Aggies coach now. He dared to lay hands on one of his players trying to fight on camera! Was he arrested?

The difference between high school and college is that the players in college are men, legally adults, not legally children like all but a few of the high school players.....

Do any of you remember the Woody Hayes debacle that ended his coaching career? I was watching that game on TV and could not beleive he would go after an opposing player like that. There are some lines coaches just can't cross.

Blue Bird":1c5b7hds said:
Do any of you remember the Woody Hayes debacle that ended his coaching career? I was watching that game on TV and could not beleive he would go after an opposing player like that. There are some lines coaches just can't cross.

I was 1 year old at the time.. but I have seen the video

Back