Scheduling - How does it work?

Pdevitt13

Six-man expert
Coaches or people in the know, how exactly does the scheduling process unfold once districts are announced on Thursday?

Are some non-district games already set?

Do you schedule all the district games first?

I'd love to hear some insight into the process.

I'd imagine a lot of teams have their full schedule ready...tentative opponents for district weeks at least...just waiting on district alignments to make it final. I'm sure there are some that don't have a schedule done, but I'd think most do.

Just look in the games needed forum. Most coaches who post in there are only looking for 1-2 games. The rest are set, or are waiting for alignment.

Coaches or people in the know, how exactly does the scheduling process unfold once districts are announced on Thursday?

Are some non-district games already set?

Do you schedule all the district games first?

I'd love to hear some insight into the process.
TAPPS released their new 2024-26 alignment a few months back. We were able to complete our schedule for the next two years. Most of the TAPPS coaches I know have or are close to completing their current schedules. Most of the UIL coaches I know have completed their non-district schedules up to a point, but many have left some wiggle room for the upcoming reclassification.

Non-District schedule is pretty much set. We have to have a couple of back-up plans in case some of those teams end up in the district. Sometimes it's tough to find games, since some schools just don't want to play you...which makes for some tough travel. Trying to set up non-district games is also tough because you have to think about your sub-varsity teams, and hope the opponents have a JV (or two JH teams, etc, etc).

Back