Why does TCAL hate Stephenville FAITH Knights

big6manfan

11-man fan
This is a team that has worked very hard representing TCAL and for some reason TCAL does everything they can to discourage their players.

I am not a member of this program, I do not have a child that plays for them, however I am a big fan of the program. I hope they do not mind my post but it is getting hard to watch this injustice that has been going on since the Knights first season 4 years ago. Here is a list....

* 4 seasons ago the Knights were the 2nd place team in their district, TCAL took 1st and 2nd team out of each district to playoffs except for their district, only the 1st place team went to the playoffs...but they did send a email out after the playoffs, that said "oops we made a mistake you were suppose to be in the playoffs, tell your seniors we said sorry."

* 3 seasons ago, they came from the lower ranks of the TCAL rankings to upset the #1 team and go on to win their first State Championship. Some how they did this without any players that were good enough to win any of their awards at their sports banquet.

* Last season, Stephenville Knights went 12-0 and defeated a UIL DI top 10 ranked team that made it to the semi finals. Some how this victory did not even get nominated for their performance of the year award. It took someone to send an Dave Campbell article in to TCAL leadership to get one of their players to finally get honored with one of their post season awards. This was the first D2 TCAL team to ever finish in the top 25 of the overall sixman rankings you would think that is something your league would be proud of but it couldn't even make it on their website.

* This season, the Knights were threatened they would have to forfeit the playoffs if they change a non district game on the schedule...(TCAL likes to make up rules when it comes to the Stephenville Knights) They currently have a 8-3 record and are about to play in their 3rd straight semi final game after graduating 6 seniors last year. Somehow they have done this with only 1 player that made their all-state team, but teams they have 45ed have 3-4 players on the all-state team.

To be fair TCAL does not do a great job supporting many of their teams, they played last year State Championship Game on a practice field with no facilities. This year at the semi final game it is 40 degrees with chance of rain, and they could not even get these kids that have worked so hard to represent them a locker-room. Sorry to rant but when I see semifinalist teams trying to keep warm in make shift tents it up sets me and all the past injustice just came to mind and I just had to let it out!

I need to apologize, during my rant I did not intend to insult the school that hosted the state game last year it was a very nice campus but it was not a venue TCAL should have got for a State Championship.

I'm only commenting on the fields you mentioned. TCAL state championship was at Waco Methodist Children's Home field last year. They do have nice facilities. The field is not bad either. This year's semi-finals are being held at Brenham Hohlt Park. Nice playing surface, but the drawback is there is no locker rooms. I know they had the championship at Allen Academy one year. I also think the semi-finals were played there before as well. Maybe about 2-3 years ago the championship was played in Hutto at their new stadium. I'm sure cost to rent facilities plays into TCAL's decision where these playoff games are played. But, those participating in the state championship this year should make sure to send Deion Sanders a Christmas card. Being that his Prime Prep joined TCAL and they're playing 11-man football he secured the Cotton Bowl back last spring.

So this field has no locker room and no working lights. We ask our player for excellence but players can't get a locker room to stay warm and lights to see in a semi final game. I know how hard these players work I just the league they represent to just as hard!

I dont think it has anything to do with Stephenville FAITH.
I think as a whole TCAL is a poorly run organization.
I was at the FAITH/HEAT and Live Oak/Allen game this weekend and like was mentioned eralier Holt Park has a nice field, but teams had to use a tent as a locker room, which that weekend happened to be the coldest weekend of the season. But that has nothing to do with an organization against 1 team

The State Championship game last year was at Waco Methodist Children's Home which is a good field and has a great complex, but from my understanding TCAL used it beacuse they were charged $0 to use it and either didnt have another option or didnt want to spend money.

I think a field like that is a much better place to host a playoff game or even a championship game rather than having it at the Cotton Bowl, where there will be maybe 300 fans at the most for the games this weekend and charging $15 a person...

As well, FAITH tried to cancel one of their games against another TCAL school which was not in their district for an unexplained reason and were then told the consequences of canceling a game wihout reason

TCAL has not updated their website in the past 2-3 years and is more concerned about adding teams to their league rather then making it the best league they possibly can.

If you don't like the way T-CAL is run, why not just leave it instead of slandering it? There are a lot of other options out there (T-CAF, TAPPS, Independents) While some of your points are valid. I don't think that slandering them is gonna accomplish anything. I guess if you are fifteen and don't know any better then I can accept this kind of behavior. However, if you are not fifteen, well then, I guess we know what's wrong with some of our kids these days. Just my two cents worth.

If stating facts is slandering, then I guess I am slandering.
The team I have followed is leaving TCAL this year for TAPPS starting in 14-15.
They will enjoy the State Championship trophy the football team won on Saturday, on the trophy instead of a football there is a volleyball.....again not slandering just stating facts

tepryde":eskcxsjs said:
If you don't like the way T-CAL is run, why not just leave it instead of slandering it? There are a lot of other options out there (T-CAF, TAPPS, Independents) While some of your points are valid. I don't think that slandering them is gonna accomplish anything. I guess if you are fifteen and don't know any better then I can accept this kind of behavior. However, if you are not fifteen, well then, I guess we know what's wrong with some of our kids these days. Just my two cents worth.

I don't think slander means what you think it means. First off, I think the word you wanted to use was libel. But even then it would be pointless. Unless you can come up with a finite dollar amount that TCAL has lost as a direct result of what has been said in this thread, there is no slander or libel.

Learn your words people - they mean stuff.

Back