How much time does it take?

I would recommend checking with Brownwood Victory Life Academy. They started from scratch at the bottom of the barrel just a few years ago and now are a contender.

Bump, one last bump of this post. Putting the final touches on the report for the school board, any more advice on how long a six man head coach spends with all aspects of the game?

Preseason, season, practice, post season, off season, etc.

Who and how many assistant coaches?

Thanks, CoachGlenn

CoachGLenn":ktfl4i26 said:
Bump, one last bump of this post. Putting the final touches on the report for the school board, any more advice on how long a six man head coach spends with all aspects of the game?

Preseason, season, practice, post season, off season, etc.

Who and how many assistant coaches?

Thanks, CoachGlenn
This question will have
as many answers as there are real Coaches.
#1-Keep things in proper perspective.
Keep it simple.
Legendary Coach John Wooden never ran a practice longer than 1 1/2 hrs.
But they ran the WHOLE time.
Balance is the key, Weedhopper.

Coach, the best chance of succeeding requires hiring a verifiable sixman coach who wins everywhere he goes, pay him sixty grand, give him the freedom to do everything necessary to build a rock-solid program: allow him to teach third through sixth grade PE, supply him with whatever technology he needs, etc. Then absorb everything you possibly can before he moves on. NO HALF-MEASURES. Anything less sets you up for failure. You want a "bigtime" sixman program, not a hobby, not an experiment.

If the schoolboard can't understand what your recommending, suggest soccer instead. :)
Good hunting!

Nice to see you post BE, it's been awhile. Hope you & yours are all well.
Don't scare this fella off though. Sounds like he could have limited resources.
Lifegate did say earlier the guy's tryin to start a JR HI/elementary program at a Church school.
I don't mean not to go whole hog.

All is well and hope the same with you.
I did not notice the elementary thing, but it doesn't change the point. Get the best in there now to construct a program that will be running smoothly in three or four years. And let him start laying that foundation in the elementary grades. I had a boy once who showed no exceptional athleticism or inclination for football (other than an uncommon desire to throw rocks and pecans at anything that moved or appeared breakable), and even proclaimed more than once that he did not like football and was never going to play such a "stupid game". Nevertheless, by the fifth grade the PE games and competitions ( and scorpion and snake hunts) started to reveal some rare abilities in him and a couple of his classmates. Those abilities carried over the next year and he made a pretty fair hand for a while.
Its never too early to pull little Johnny away from his video games and Youtube. He will eventually dig watching game film of Lyle Campbell, Bryce Hogue, Josh Thweat and the Hicks boys, especially if he sees you demonstrating interest.

I hope to do the same with the first boy's little brothers. Not sure how mom will react to the scorpions and rattlesnakes though.

Back