SAST

Not being snarky at all and I hate it for the kids I was being very nice and asking a valid question was all. I prefer the facts over the BS and the article today gave facts not opinions. Just wanted a perspective. No harm intended. It's in front of us and out there so I'm trying g to have an adult conversation about it. We all have or bias and that's why I asked him to be as objective as possible because we all struggle with that including yours truly.

Dilla no disrespect meant I think many people assume things and jealousy rears it's ugly head when someone is on top It does happen unfortunately. With reading the article and you being from Rs what is your objective ( best you can) Opinion of the article only?

I don’t typically put much trust in journalism of any kind. Past couple of decades have taught me better. So I have no opinion of the article itself other than they have some interesting “evidence” that usually only a court order will garner. There is no court order here. Which means the “evidence” was given voluntarily by someone involved. That creates bias issues. So I put no value in the article itself.

I will offer this much, since you seem genuine in your question: trend wise, the SEC rarely overturns the DEC. so I expect the appeal for the kid to be denied. As for the recruiting issue and the coaches appeal, I don’t know what standard they use for “proof”. Ie. Is hearsay allowed? Is the “evidence” vetted? Etc.

Hope that answers your question.

I don’t typically put much trust in journalism of any kind. Past couple of decades have taught me better. So I have no opinion of the article itself other than they have some interesting “evidence” that usually only a court order will garner. There is no court order here. Which means the “evidence” was given voluntarily by someone involved. That creates bias issues. So I put no value in the article itself.

I will offer this much, since you seem genuine in your question: trend wise, the SEC rarely overturns the DEC. so I expect the appeal for the kid to be denied. As for the recruiting issue and the coaches appeal, I don’t know what standard they use for “proof”. Ie. Is hearsay allowed? Is the “evidence” vetted? Etc.

Hey I appreciate it I share the same feelings about our media with the bias. The unfortunate part of all these circumstances is that kids who live for friday nights are the ones affected the most and God knows our kids jave a hard path ahead of them in the world we live in now.

My 2 cents:
Article was very straight forward and reported just straight facts from the DEC meeting. Well written informative article that offered zero opinion. The evidence (trying to down play it by putting quotes around it is unwarranted) was pretty straight forward hard evidence...actually phone records and filled out paper work...that's pretty concrete. I am however left wonder how long coach Burkhart had to gather his own as the way the article reads he was either blindsided by the evidence against him or came to the meeting very unprepared...I suspect he will be prepared for the UIL hearing.

I think the only thing that stands a chance for being overturned is the multi-year ineligibility of the athlete...could see them changing it to a single year (which is what the DEC wanted to do in the first place). If the charges are upheld the penalty(s) is what will be interesting to see. UIL came down pretty hard on Tom Bean recently for something kind of similar so I suspect the same if DEC is upheld.

For me the most unfortunate thing about this seems to be the divide in the student athletes family and the stress all this must have on them all most importantly the kid.

My 2 cents:
Article was very straight forward and reported just straight facts from the DEC meeting. Well written informative article that offered zero opinion. The evidence (trying to down play it by putting quotes around it is unwarranted) was pretty straight forward hard evidence...actually phone records and filled out paper work...that's pretty concrete. I am however left wonder how long coach Burkhart had to gather his own as the way the article reads he was either blindsided by the evidence against him or came to the meeting very unprepared...I suspect he will be prepared for the UIL hearing.

I think the only thing that stands a chance for being overturned is the multi-year ineligibility of the athlete...could see them changing it to a single year (which is what the DEC wanted to do in the first place). If the charges are upheld the penalty(s) is what will be interesting to see. UIL came down pretty hard on Tom Bean recently for something kind of similar so I suspect the same if DEC is upheld.

For me the most unfortunate thing about this seems to be the divide in the student athletes family and the stress all this must have on them all most importantly the kid.
I wish Guru could be there to hear this, his any your comments are most valued on the subject. As you allude to the relationship between a mother and son, and the rest of the family might be the most important point.

My observation and question is this: Will the SEC give credence to the following in determining their ruiling(s):
"The student-athlete and his father testified that an on-campus welding program and one-act play at Richland Springs — two curricula items that are not offered Mullin ISD — were part of the reason for the decision to transfer, along with the fact that many of the student-athletes’ close friends and girlfriend attended Richland Springs High School and his job in San Saba is closer to Richland Springs."

My observation and question is this: Will the SEC give credence to the following in determining their ruiling(s):
"The student-athlete and his father testified that an on-campus welding program and one-act play at Richland Springs — two curricula items that are not offered Mullin ISD — were part of the reason for the decision to transfer, along with the fact that many of the student-athletes’ close friends and girlfriend attended Richland Springs High School and his job in San Saba is closer to Richland Springs."
I also question the DEC's motive "When Burkhart announced plans for Richland Springs to appeal the decision, the DEC members took a second vote, increasing the penalty to more than one year of varsity ineligibility and passing the final decision to the SEC, which can uphold the DEC decision or grant the appeal." To me, it seems s though the DEC is also upset at Coach Burkhart for appealing their ruling by increasing the penalty to more than one year of varsity ineligibility. It's like they are saying "How dare you for appealing our rulings". But Cherokee superintendent Jennifer Bordner said regarding the DEC's rulings "it's nothing personal".

My 2 cents:

All of the “evidence” (yes quotes are necessary since it appears that much it was provided by parties that are hostile to RS) needs to be vetted. On both sides. Otherwise this is nothing more than a witch hunt.

I do tend to agree with you on the overturning of DEC ruling. It does not happen often, so I am not expecting much to change.

If the DEC ruling is upheld, I do not expect JB to remain in RS. He would not be the first coach dismissed for being at odds with UIL.

As someone I know who is very high up in Texas HS Football circles and from the area said,..

"I TOTALLY believe he moved for the RS One-Act Play opportunity 😂"

Listen, this was a well written article. As @Leman Saunders stated, it was a report on what happened at the DEC meeting. I was surprised there were phone records, considering they don't have subpoena power. Those were obviously provided by a family member. I also suspect this caught the RS faithful off guard.

Lastly, it was only Lohn who voted to back RS... JB has strong ties there.

There are lots of little nuggets from the DEC notes if you really want to pick it apart and I thought Amy did a great job of not speculating and just laying out the case. RS will get their day in court Monday to present whatever they have. The UIL will be in control of this and it will not be easy for them to overturn the ruling. There are fact contradicting their own statements.

Now if you are into tinfoil hats, I have some great additional conspiracies about this case. They involve students, so I will not post them, but let's just venture back to the Cold War era and how we recruited spies. Anyone read the "Red Sparrow" books?

Last edited:
Lastly, it was only Lohn who voted to back RS... JB has strong ties there.

I do not know JB personally. In fact, I could likely only pick him out of a lineup if everyone else was skinny. Lol.

What are these strong ties you speak of?

Now I if you are into tinfoil hats, I have some great additional conspiracies about this case. They involve students …

Interesting comment. A former player at RS said almost the exact same thing to me 3 days ago. Did you used to play at RS? Lol.

All of the “evidence” (yes quotes are necessary since it appears that much it was provided by parties that are hostile to RS) needs to be vetted. On both sides. Otherwise this is nothing more than a witch hunt.

I do tend to agree with you on the overturning of DEC ruling. It does not happen often, so I am not expecting much to change.

If the DEC ruling is upheld, I do not expect JB to remain in RS. He would not be the first coach dismissed for being at odds with UIL.
Being at odds with UIL?! 😂 Sorry that’s funny.

I heard a parent worked for Mullin school and was threatened with the loss of job if they didn’t comply and fall in line with their agenda! Guess we will see in a few days the truth

I heard a parent worked for Mullin school and was threatened with the loss of job if they didn’t comply and fall in line with their agenda! Guess we will see in a few days the truth
So a brand new account comes on and throws a crazy accusation we have never heard before? You can't control this website anymore and get stuff to follow your narrative. It's the same cycle every time. You don't like the way the facts are stacking up against richland so you create your own facts to misinform or you get these threads shut down before everyone can see what's going on. Even if mom changes her tune which she is likely to do now since she will feel remorse for her son you cant ignore 4 huge things.

1. Mullin has a welding program. He said they didn't.

2. There is proof of a papf being changed by RSHS. No one can dispute it or make up a story of why it was changed. Video evidence, email and time stamps have already been submitted. The rumor that Williamson used her email to do it is almost comical.

3. There were multiple phone calls, one being 14 minutes long.

4. She turned over her own phone messages to UIL. ones that included her being upset with Richland's (alleged) recruiting efforts. So if she was forced to send anything against her will and wanted her son to go to richland then why was she mad over her son being allegedly recruited and texting ppl about it? Makes no sense.

The SEC has the info. The SEC will make the appropriate choices but for sure dont come on here and think we are all too stupid to see what happens everytime. Dont feed misinformation to get ppl off track.

Back