San Angelo Times article on former High Island QB, Zach Bronkhorst

Great article!

Guess the wirter thought that "rules" would be tough...but the basic rules are still the same so "different rules" isnt the obstacle (I would assume)...I would think for a QB maybe the toughest rule change would be...dont throw to these jersey numbers, they arent eligible

I’ve always said the biggest adjustments for QBs from sixman to 11man is the spacing and the added players. Concepts are concepts, but you have to develop a spatial awareness outside the hash marks and have an understanding that throwing windows are smaller.

From reading the article, I was confused why the writer though that transitioning would be tougher than expected. Then I saw they are in El Paso and I just went "ahh". I don't mean any disrespect to the writer as I was the same when first seeing sixman football and thinking how "different" the games are. In actuality, they aren't conceptually.

Great read and I can't to wait for the game against the school of mines

Personally, I verbiage, speed of the game, and defensive reads would be the biggest adjustment for Zach. I saw him play, and he always had great footwork in the pocket, and I think sixman helped him with mobility in and out of the pocket. I didn't hurt that he grew up in a household who believed in preparation, so I'm sure film sessions were a strength, as well as the fundamental basics of ball control and footwork. It also helps that he's a great kid.

Back