Rumor Mill

With GR to follow for number four, this time in DI? If not, where is he going for number four in DI or DII? Or does it still matter?

Or maybe his 4th will be a TAPPS title? 🤔
Los Angeles Drama GIF by ABC Network

Tell Deon Cole GIF by Team Coco

Hmm. As this is a rumor/speculation thread and we're talking possibilities in April . . . Last years Baird - Gordon game was in Gordon, so this year's will be in Baird. If this all works out, I'd want to get there early. A classic stadium, capacity 1400, no fence parking.

The March 18 Baird board minutes state they hired Hayes as the facility director for the rest of the year and Athletic Director for the 2024-25 school year, but as this thread says it is the Rumor Mill. Also heard that GR may go to Albany but remember this is just rumor. As of the present, Benjamin has no job postings for coaches. A the Hee Haw ladies doing laundry said "We are not ones to go around spreding rumors etc.." Now showing my age.

Hmm. As this is a rumor/speculation thread and we're talking possibilities in April . . . Last years Baird - Gordon game was in Gordon, so this year's will be in Baird. If this all works out, I'd want to get there early. A classic stadium, capacity 1400, no fence parking.

Last year game was in Baird. Should be in Gordon this year.

This is just an opinion, and I am playing devil's advocate here, but why leave Benjamin (where Hayes/Rigdon have a great thing going) with arguably the best football/basketball programs in 1A at the moment to move together to Baird? I'd read those tea leaves a a split between the two. You could easily run it back with that dominant group for a three peat in football and go for that 1st hoops title.

This is just an opinion, and I am playing devil's advocate here, but why leave Benjamin (where Hayes/Rigdon have a great thing going) with arguably the best football/basketball programs in 1A at the moment to move together to Baird? I'd read those tea leaves a a split between the two. You could easily run it back with that dominant group for a three peat in football and go for that 1st hoops title.
To show how important they themselves are. To prove they can do it elsewhere, and that it's not the school.

Did they win state in basketball or did I miss something

I feel Rigdon could take the bottom teams in 6 man to state they’d give up tons of points defensively but I feel Rigdon could score any time he touches the ball.
I disagree... to say he could do it himself is an overstatement. A majority of playoff teams would beat a bottom 6 man team with Rigdon. They definitely wouldn't get shut out, but they aren't going far.

The March 18 Baird board minutes state they hired Hayes as the facility director for the rest of the year and Athletic Director for the 2024-25 school year, but as this thread says it is the Rumor Mill. Also heard that GR may go to Albany but remember this is just rumor. As of the present, Benjamin has no job postings for coaches. A the Hee Haw ladies doing laundry said "We are not ones to go around spreding rumors etc.." Now showing my age.

I remember the Albany rumor from last year.

Last year game was in Baird. Should be in Gordon this year.
My mistake. Interesting, same capacity though Gordon does have several west end zone parking spots. I thought it was bigger than Baird just from looking on line at it, been to Gordon's stadium many times.

Back