Rockwall Heritage vs. Richland Springs

Observer

11-man fan
Next Thursday at LIngleville the Number 1 ranked UIL team will square off against the Number 1 ranked Private School. Your thoughts?

Sean Hannity":2piaekk2 said:
Next Thursday at LIngleville the Number 1 ranked UIL team will square off against the Number 1 ranked Private School. Your thoughts?

Be there or be square, to see for yourself (since it's 15 miles away for me).

Regarding the outcome I'll go with Smokey. But that's' not too far to drive for 20 minutes of football, maybe more, between two good teams.
As I age I have lost enthusiasm for traveling more than 50-100 miles plus for a "competitive" game that is over at half time. Don Hardin would be ashamed of me.

What a perfect site for the game, unless your wanting to draw a big crowd for a metroplex team on a Thursday night. Obviously not the intention. A semi neutral site, home of a UIL team. But about as rural and original as sixman gets. A learning experience for a big city team, likely in more way's than one.
A few years ago I went to a Lingleville game in their first year "back' after I think 3 years in the 60's.
The obvious recent dirt work and lack of facilities with the setting the field is in made it way cool.
I've not been there since.
But after the Strawn - THESA game a few weeks ago I chose to not take the usual way home down Hwy 108 and went down Hwy 16 through the edge of Hogtown then through Lingleville.
They now have Lights! They were still on. Might they now have a concession stand? Frito Pie ?
Find out Thursday.

The field at L'ville is high quality. The amenities, not so much....No press box as of 2015. Parking around the field and access down to the sparse bleachers is a bit of a hike. But a really good booster club burger can be had at the concession stand.

Well I hope their concession stand is ready, dont know how well RS travels, but I was at the Sterling City game which was a home game for RS and had probably over 500 people there and their concession stand must not have been use to working past halftime because they ran out of food in the 2nd quarter

Sean Hannity":27qwgrge said:

My thoughts are that the Rockwall Heritage team is a very good and talented team. You can look at what they have done to some decent UIL teams, and see that the Coyotes of RS have no easy row to hoe. Preparation is the key to success.

Leman Saunders":12ppxsba said:
Well I hope their concession stand is ready, dont know how well RS travels, but I was at the Sterling City game which was a home game for RS and had probably over 500 people there and their concession stand must not have been use to working past halftime because they ran out of food in the 2nd quarter

If they know ahead of time Granger is coming they lay out a feast. Planked carp and everything.

Back