Richland vs. Aquilla thoughts?

Where to begin. This sure wasn’t the game people expected that’s for sure. The young team from Aquilla is finally coming together and played an incredible game. Those kids play with so much heart and never give up no matter the circumstances. Lots of kids shined tonight. They should definitely all hold there heads high. As far as Richland Springs they have some issues fighting amongst each other on the sidelines and in the locker room at halftime was nuts. Literally. They made themselves look horrible and I surly hope all those players are reprimand for that. They have some size and a few decent players but need someone work as a whole team in my opinion.

Well you hate to see it, but are not surprised at all. From what I've read, what was deleted included, it seems the friction is definitely there. It seems to follow the family that has been talked about so much on here wherever they go. And, it's a shame. Seems like folks would learn, but apparently not.

What was deleted? Guess I’m confused. It was definitely a sight to see. I’ve personally never seen a team go after each other like that. Extremely sad. After the game there coach talked about it not being about winning and that’s certainly right. Hope he preaches it to his team so that doesn’t happen again. They have potential but not playing like they did last night.

Most people don’t know the cost of being as successful as RS has been. And many simply see it through a lens of constant covetousness and disdain. Losers hate winners and winners can’t stand losers. In this case, fighting on the sidelines is never okay. But I remember when fights would break out in practices when I played. That’s what happens when teenage boys who live under the pressure of winning a state title. Either deal with it or move to some school district that only cares about a paycheck and not W’s.

Very good take on things there .. being in the top 10 or top 5 year to year takes a toll on schools. The upgraded media attention that we created in the 90s that has carried on till today puts a microscope view on teams and towns. It takes a great bunch of honorable people to keep it running. Good kids, school board members , teachers and administration all have to be on the same page, and it can go badly very easy. That is not to say that good programs can’t get back, but it takes a toll. Fort Hancock, Christoval, Panther Creek, Gordon, Crowell, Throckmorton, Follett.. we have seen the pains. The kids have the hardest portion of it, being expected to carry on a legacy that started often before they were born, that they don’t always understand, it just is what it is. I saw the same thing with my son who actually didn’t really like football, he just did it because it was a tradition . He ended up with a torn ACL, PCL and a major concussion in the path of trying to make me proud in an endeavor that was not about himself , but the town. The same story repeats itself all over Texas. Don’t hate on good teams. Cherish the good years and understand the down years. Be adults and think beyond the current events.

Back