RS vs. Lometa .. Thoughts

Longhorn85

Six-man fan
So RS was up 67-26 I believe, and had the ball with 2nd down and 58 seconds left. Instead of kneeling it out, they chose to spike the ball, stop the clock and run another play to score and end the game by 45 in the last minute? Thoughts on sportsmanship there?

Take your shots if you want 😂 no classless or unsportsmanlike acts were being orchestrated. That was not a called play they were in victory formation and the qb made a bone head play. It did happen and was kinda funny though. They literally ran dives the last 5-6 minutes running clock out. The last 2 touchdowns scored were basically unintentional.

Take your shots if you want 😂 no classless or unsportsmanlike acts were being orchestrated. That was not a called play they were in victory formation and the qb made a bone head play. It did happen and was kinda funny though. They literally ran dives the last 5-6 minutes running clock out. The last 2 touchdowns scored were basically unintentional.
Come on? Bone head play made by the qb and receiver, and blockers…Correct? Either the coaching staff are not in control or it was a called the play. Either way it’s not good and it’s not kinda funny.

Well it was a super tight T-victory formation. Why would you do that for a spike.? So yes that was a bone head play by the QB. He was meant to kneel plain and simple.
Don’t mix the two.
The very next play was in fact a dive.
The touch down was a simple, just hand it off up the middle get tackled game over. Just so happens nobody wanted to tackle the kid so he kept running🤷‍♂️. I can’t attest to the coaches exact call sorry but doubtful it was with malicious intent. Just saying what I saw. I believe you can watch it and judge for yourself on sansabaradio.com make sure to take note of them running clock the entire 5-6 minutes though.

Well it was a super tight T-victory formation. Why would you do that for a spike.? So yes that was a bone head play by the QB. He was meant to kneel plain and simple.
Don’t mix the two.
The very next play was in fact a dive.
The touch down was a simple, just hand it off up the middle get tackled game over. Just so happens nobody wanted to tackle the kid so he kept running🤷‍♂️. I can’t attest to the coaches exact call sorry but doubtful it was with malicious intent. Just saying what I saw. I believe you can watch it and judge for yourself on sansabaradio.com make sure to take note of them running clock the entire 5-6 minutes though.
In a Victory formation “super tight T” you knell the ball so the clock keeps running and game over. You don’t spike it! Don’t act like the thought of ending 20 straight years of 45ing Lometa didn’t play into it the decision. It is unsportsmanlike because when you get in victory formation the fans, defense, and officials know the game clock will be run out. Everybody knows what victory formation means. The Qb gave the ball to someone who ran when the call was to knell it. So yes, that is translated to have no class.

Just watched the video. Coyotes got in the victory formation. With a little over a minute left. Spikes the ball to stop the clock. The very next play they get into regular T and run it in for a touchdown. Why didn’t they get back into he victory formation? Ran what coach called. Looks suspicious.

Just watched the video. Coyotes got in the victory formation. With a little over a minute left. Spikes the ball to stop the clock. The very next play they get into regular T and run it in for a touchdown. Why didn’t they get back into he victory formation? Ran what coach called. Looks suspicious.
Yotes, you’re still the hater you’ve always been. Lometa was good but the RS team was better. Go run down someone else.
I’d like to know where you are from. RS probably waxed your old “Rusty” more than once!

Yotes, you’re still the hater you’ve always been. Lometa was good but the RS team was better. Go run down someone else.
I’d like to know where you are from. RS probably waxed your old “Rusty” more than once!
They never waxed my rusty anything. Clearly agree to disagree. 45 a team with a less than a minute left would not be ok for the other 290 teams. Have fun this season.

It was a good game you play until there is no time left on the clock . Doesn’t matter what play either team runs . Who’s to say they didn’t spike to see what formation they were running on defense. Lometa lost plenty of opportunities to make it a better game for their team but when you turn over the ball 4 times it won’t happen . Congrats to Billy Perry he had an amazing game .

Were you there? Did you witness this personally?

The video I was told to go watch is posted online (SanSabaradio.com). There’s video and the commentator who also commented that they thought RS was kneeling like everyone else (including Lometa). Because of video, I didn’t have to be there in person to see what happened. You know how video works? It’s not an AI conspiracy to make RS look bad. Even the RS faithful say it happened. It happening is not being disputed. Because it clearly did. The last 14 minutes tells it all. The whole point of the thread is about sportsmanship and if this case was unsportsmanlike. Doesn’t matter who did it. Clearly, this is ok in some places. Other coaches and teams in the same situation have chosen to go a different route. But don’t act like it didn’t happen, same lame argument “where the proof?” Once again: www.SanSaba radio.com here your proof.

The video I was told to go watch is posted online (SanSabaradio.com). There’s video and the commentator who also commented that they thought RS was kneeling like everyone else (including Lometa). Because of video, I didn’t have to be there in person to see what happened. You know how video works? It’s not an AI conspiracy to make RS look bad. Even the RS faithful say it happened. It happening is not being disputed. Because it clearly did. The last 14 minutes tells it all. The whole point of the thread is about sportsmanship and if this case was unsportsmanlike. Doesn’t matter who did it. Clearly, this is ok in some places. Other coaches and teams in the same situation have chosen to go a different route. But don’t act like it didn’t happen, same lame argument “where the proof?” Once again: www.SanSaba radio.com here your proof.
Yes it clearly was spiked when the kid was told victory formation. The coach verbalized he was upset with the kid for making a bone headed play. You clearly see the coach disappointed in the kid for the mistake. The next play they get in a formation to run up the middle as many coaches would do (maybe not you as you're the professional here) and the play breaks and a kid gets a chance at a touchdown and runs it in. People like you have been out to trash Richland for years but I agree they must have handed you too many Ls in your time that you just have a salty taste for winning.

Yes it clearly was spiked when the kid was told victory formation. The coach verbalized he was upset with the kid for making a bone headed play. You clearly see the coach disappointed in the kid for the mistake. The next play they get in a formation to run up the middle as many coaches would do (maybe not you as you're the professional here) and the play breaks and a kid gets a chance at a touchdown and runs it in. People like you have been out to trash Richland for years but I agree they must have handed you too many Ls in your time that you just have a salty taste .
You’re right thank you setting me straight. Go coyotes.

Back