Richland Springs VS Calvert Rematch......Thoughts

RogueEconomist":5hwtfhg1 said:
I hope Calvert wins,Seen Calvert play twice and I was not impressed. RS plays such a weak scheduled it is hard to tell how good they are. If mistakes are the key then RS wins. Calvert wins if they control the mistakes. Neither has chance against Throckmorton.

RS plays who they can schedule, for the past 10 years they have played most every one of the best teams in Texas. Their record confirms who they've beat. Now if you thank neither one has a chance against T-rock then you are sadly mistaken.

Richland had calvert beat last year with three freshman playing and got some holding penaltys late in the game and couldnt covert first downs. my toy says this wont happen again Richland by 20

Calvert has superior talent. Most talented team in the game of sixman. Coaching, they rank at the bottom. Could you imagine Calvert under the direction of a Ronny Crumpton, scary. With all that,I believe Calvert's talent pulls this one out. Calvert wins by 2.

Let me be the first to congratulate the Trojans from Calvert. Amazing second half. Can you say speed, speed, speed. Great season RS. Young group of kids who will compete next year as well. Calvert vs Throckmorton. Predicting a Trojan victory.

MLP1108":3dbvopy1 said:
Let me be the first to congratulate the Trojans from Calvert. Amazing second half. Can you say speed, speed, speed. Great season RS. Young group of kids who will compete next year as well. Calvert vs Throckmorton. Predicting a Trojan victory.
I wouldn't put any large sums on that happening.............

I still stand firm on the coaching ranking near the bottom. I also said that Calvert has superior talent that would prevail them to a victory.

I thought it would have been closer. RS won the 1st half. Some that think Calvert has poor coaching may want to re-think that. The Calvert coaches inspired their plays to come out and turn things around and put it to RS. They out hit,out worked RS, and played with more passion. In the 3rd quarter when the RS players heads went down they were beaten and they knew it. Perhaps playing a weak schedule during the year didnt prepair them for a battle with a tough team. And no Calvert can't beat Throckmorton, they just saved RS from being 45ed.

mlp……..why you hating on Calvert coaching staff? Their coaches have done a great job of getting their kids this far. Their players and coaches should be commended for beating an always tough Richland Springs team. You don't beat Richland without being well prepared.They also played Ira tough and stayed on the field with Crowell. Hats off to the Trojan players and coaching staff.

Not hating on Calvert staff. I gave my opinion. I watched Calvert play Milford last year and I thought there Head Coaches actions were unjust and uncalled for. Watched them a couple of times this year and I noticed the same sideline antics. Holloway I gave my opinion and you gave yours. I respect your opinion and applaud the effort displayed by the Trojans and there staff. Good luck to the Trojans and there staff.

All I is am wondering is where wuz the big post from GOOB saying hows these here coyotes wuz scared of the big bad trojans and how prezident Obama .....who also presides over the coyote nation is sending in white house officials to look at why the Calvert trojans were able to beat the coyotes on a semi neutral field such as hico texas. Seems to me sumbody has some splaining to dooo.

It's time to put the "bad" or "out" coaching comments to bed. Marcus Wortham has stepped in at Calvert and done nothing but win games. You may not like his coaching style or his antics, but that's why you can choose to sit on the other sideline. Just because it's not your cup of tea, doesn't mean it's not effective. Seems to me, all he does is keep knocking quality coaches out of the playoffs. Not that it means much, but he's earned my respect and I wish his kids and staff the best of luck against Throckmorton. There will be tons of people stating why Calvert will get killed this week; but make no mistake, those boys from Calvert will fight until the final whistle blows.

Back