Rankings

I do not enjoy the BCS, just so we all understand I am not a BCS homer. I simply wanted input from football people other than the so called "experts" of our days. I do not agree with the BCS mostly, but I do enjoy its Strength of Schedule aspect. I am not all entirely familiar with the Playoff System and unsure of whether it takes into account Strength of Schedule. The only research I have found says that a committee of "former and current administrators" to use "6 or 7 tools which will be necessary to choose the teams." No specificity has been given and it really just sounds like human error will be used as well. So after all your arguments as to how the BCS is bad because it is humans deciding and to quote one of you;

"Under the BCS format, national champions are crowned based solely on the subjective opinions of those who have ordained themselves as "experts"."

Does not the sound of how these teams will be chosen in the new playoff system reflect similarly to the BCS "subjective opinions" of "experts"?

Yes we get a playoff and have a Champion who had to win in 1 game to get to the championship, but these teams chosen will only be plus 2 more than the BCS deciding 2 possible champions. How can we be so excited about this playoff system when in reality it is only a smidgen better than the previous atrocious BCS?

Back