"Prognosticator of the Week"

QueenB reigns as first week Inaugral Champion for only one miss in round two....which everyone missed....Savoy v Gordon....15 correct, one miss...pretty good shootin....considering the quality of competition we had this week in SixManFootball....

Folks with just two misses:

CowboyP
WT43
Kbjoe

Those three missed Crowell v WV....

Iffin a person put in two picks...the last one before play begins counts...

I hope Follett's boys can manage while Coach Ethridge is down. No one has updated his condition. When I see that I'm thinking maybe a triple bypass happened. Usually with stints you get to go home the next day. A bypass maybe home in a week if doing ok. I'm just guessing and praying.

Melanie....somebody reported that he is home and doing well...he may have had some chest pains though...but he is home and not in the hospital...still coaching is a very stressful profession and all the coaches could use some prayer

Amen Pop and I do believe the prayers from everyone is what kept Coach Ethridge from having worse problems. I'm glad he's home and resting. As I put in another post the Coaches that are very serious about taking their kids to the Championships experience a lot of stress. Horrible stress. My prayers are for all Coaches. Thanks Pop.

Alrighty then....things don't get any easier this week...although we have only eight games to select from...I was thinking that we could add the TAPPS games also...to gives us 10 picks...We also need to pick a tie breaker....

UIL D1

Aquilla v Abbott: Rematch of District rivals...both teams won convincingly last week...The Cougars won the Distirct spate but who goes on to state?..The Toy has Aquilla a 7 point underdog?...I got Aquilla in this one ...

Happy v Valley: Valley handled the Cowboys in an early season matchup....The Cowboys have run off 8 straight wins...should be a much better contest this go around...Patriots prevail....

Ira v Crowell: The Bulldogs have had two tough brawls in the playoffs and are #1....Crowell came back in second half to get by Water Valley....Another Game of the Week/year for Region 2...calling the upset here...Wildcats...

May v Savoy: Tigers have been the Beast from the East and are undefeated...Savoy is the most underrated team to advance this deep in the playoffs, many expected then to get 45'd last week but they found a way to win....Cinderella's slipper comes off....Tiger win!

UIL D2

Calvert v Mildred: Big rematch of District foes..last meeting in final game of regular season was decided by one point....The Trojans have knocked off two challenging adversaries in the playoffs, #2 Jonesboro and Richland Springs..Can Calvert convert the extra points...Will the Bulldogs sic'em again...Game of the Week in D2...Calvert keeps moving on...

Follett v Motley County: Follett has been more than formidable and are deserving of #1 rating...Matadors are a heavy underdog...I look for them to play 4 quarters...Panthers prevail

Lorraine v Grand Falls Royalty: The Bulldogs have breezed through the playoffs thus far...The #2 Cowboys have breezed through their entire schedule, except for first game vs Water Valley...This will be a battle.. GFR

Newcastle v Strawn: A rematch from mid-season..The Bobcats beat a tough Guthrie bunch...The Greyhounds have ran away from the competition since mid-season...another quality match...Look for a closer game... Greyhounds still running...

TAPPS

Abilene Christian v Dallas The Covenant: The Panthers only two loses were to UIL D1 powerhouses..they have had no real test since week 7...The knights are always tough and have knocked off some quality UIL D1 schools...Promises to be a good game...I got the Knights...

Boerne Geneva v Sugar Land Logos Prep: Boerne is undefeated and playing great SixManFootball...Sugar Land has atoned for their early season loss to Bulverde Bracken Christian by beating them in the playoffs...surprises do happen...but I got Boerne here...

Tie breaker: Crowell 56 Ira 54

Hoping to redeem myself from the last round.

Aquilla
Valley
Ira
May
Calvert
Follett
GF Royalty
Strawn
Dallas The Covenant
Boerne

Tie Breaker: Ira 56 Crowell 48

D1