"Prognosticator of the Week"

PopRay

11-man fan
This coming weeks games for round two in Div 1 will challenge anybody who tries to figure it out....By far the best match-ups in a playoff round from top to bottom....
Who's the best prognosticator?...Here's a chance for the winner to shine....

Here's how I see em:

Aquilla v Fannindel: Aquilla has been cold and hot. Now at the end of the seaon when it really counts their hot. Fannindel hasn't had much respect for a team that just keeps on winning...
Hard one to pick....I'll take the Falcons in a squeaker...

Oakwood v Abbott: Abbott has played a tough schedule and was a disappointment not to win District Title, but have bounced back after first round win against Buckholts..... Oakwood is a tale of two seasons...had a poor start but have come on in the 2nd half...One thing for sure the Panther's are going to win...which one...Oakwood over Abbott in a barn burner...

Savoy v Gordon: Savoy is the lowest ranking team to survive the opening round of playoffs...they upset Walnut Springs as a 40 point underdog.... Gordon also an upset winner in round 1, has put it altogether in 2nd half....Another good game here... Longhorns prevail..

May v Blum: Two possibly underrated and undefeated teams meeting here from the beast of the East...The Bobcats have really turned the power on in latter half of season....The Tigers started the season with a big win and have never looked back....Another great match...only one wins and remains....Tigers claw out a victory here...

Happy v Grady: The Cowboys have come out of last weeks shooting match with their spurs intact..... The Wildcats have put it altogether in the 2nd half and were an upset winner last week...Another gritty tough affair here with the Cowboys prevailing ....

Borden County v Valley: The Coyotes were a big flop the first half of the season, but have found the path to victory lately.... The Patriots have had trouble with top echelon teams...Test time this week...the Patriots show their true colors in this battle?....Coyotes in an upset....

Garden City v IRA: Power v Power...In the "Rematch of the Year"...Bearkats fell by 20 points in first contest....Bulldogs have beat the best...but this will be another struggle for both teams, I like upsets...Are the Bulldogs healthy?...Ira bites the Kats once again....

Crowell v Water Valley: Another "Battle of the Titans" here...Crowell has rebounded from their sole blemish by smashing the Cardinals last week....The Wildcats have no blemishes and have beaten the team that felled Crowell....History and records aside...this is the "Game of the Week/Year." I got Crowell in this skirmish....

Without most of the frills:

Aquilla
Abbott
Gordon
May
Happy
Valley
Ira
Water Valley (If the second half against Follett are the real Wildcats I'm comfortable with this
pick. However, if the first half was the real Wicdcats, this could be 45 for
Crowell.)

Looks like we are seeing some support for Borden County over Valley...
People are split between Crowell and Water Valley...

This week is great for SixMan.....

I will say this...wh ile I did end up picking Aquilla to win...I have been hounding a certain Aquilla fan about the possibility of them being beaten by Fannindel being higher than many think...I know Granger's toy and Shad's toy has Aquilla winning easy....but it was pointed out to me that Fannindel beat Savoy-Savoy beat Walnut Spring- Walnut Sp beat Aquilla....therefore Fannindel should beat Aquilla...love playing that game!

Now for DII: Another Great Week In SixMan Football

#1 Follett v #32 Amherst: Follett is one of the dominant powers in DII even with two injured players...Amherst has a 5 game winning streak over a weak schedule...Looks like David versus Goliath...but Panthers send Bulldogs home at half....

#21 New Home v #13 Motley County: Leopards have scratched six wins in a row. The Matadors have found their way here after 4 consecutive mid-season defeats...This game should be a good battle...if you can stand the noise...Wave the cape and say, "Ole"...MC escapes this brawl...

#5 Dawson v #8 Lorraine: Clearly the best matchup of D2 schools this week. Dawson is awesome on offense and undefeated. Lorraine's only blemish was in mid-season to a tough Newcastle bunch...Both teams are Rolling and will light up the score board...Dragons eek out one.

#10 Blackwell v #2 Grand Falls Royalty: The Coyotes only loss was to DI power Water Valley..they have a very potent offense and good defense. The Hornets have faced good teams before and will score the points. I look to see GF come out on top in this one....

#9 Milford v #14 Blanket: Blanket has had a solid season and barely escaped Oglesby last week. Milford knocked off Calvert two weeks ago and has played solid after the 2nd game of the year. Bulldogs bite the Tigers in this one...

#11 Richland Springs v #6 Calvert: In another big game in the East..The Trojans pulled off a marvelous Greek tragedy last week by upsetting Jonesboro. The young Coyotes have banded together and found ways to catch their prey...This will be a fine moment for one school..Upset special with Coyote victory...

#3 Strawn v #19 Jayton: The Jaybirds are "Flyin High", but have not got too much respect in the rankings. The Greyhounds have taken it to mere mortals during the season. Game should be closer than the spread...Greyhounds race to win...

#12 Guthrie v #7 Newcastle: The Bobcats had a fast start against tough foes and have finished the season strongly against weak opposition. The Jaguars struggled early against strong adversaries but have strung together 8 straight victories. Should be a dandy....Beware the Bobcats...

Back