Playoff matchups

War Eagle who do you think had the tougher schedule out of Fredericksburg, Cedar Park, and Baytown? I see these three teams being the teams to contend with in the south as we move into the playoffs. All these teams have been strong all year. Anyone else have any thoughts on these teams?

WarEagle":2sr8akaq said:
Old76er":2sr8akaq said:
I think a game that may surprise some people in D3 this week would be the Fredericksburg vs Dallas Tyler Street game. DT have been playing good ball as of late. Not sure if they had some injuries early on but they played Weatherford pretty close and a lot of people on this board like Weatherfords shot at the state title. Thoughts?

I think Freddy will roll as they played in a very tough division. In fact I am concerned about having to play Living rock again as that is a good team as well. Should be a very interesting few weeks.

-War eagle

Yes Living Rock has probably been the most surprising team to me. They have really taken some steps forward with their program. I think the main thing with them is staying healthy enough to compete. They have low numbers as does Fredericksburg. I think Cedar Park and Baytown have the deepest rosters in D3 as far as talent.

test_em":1r4vtvjv said:
War Eagle who do you think had the tougher schedule out of Fredericksburg, Cedar Park, and Baytown? I see these three teams being the teams to contend with in the south as we move into the playoffs. All these teams have been strong all year. Anyone else have any thoughts on these teams?

TAPPS DIII DISTRICT 3
Is in my opinion hands down the toughest district in TAPPS DIII and I would even put it up against many DII and DI Districts. Even San Marcos which unfortunately didn't win a game was tough and would fight til the end.

As far as strength of schedule hard to say as I think each team has had some solid victories, although if you run a why test on this site the numbers are the following as far as average strength of opponent

CP 389.07
Freddy 384.6
Baytown 354.91

That being said we all know our Friends at the Bay have already booked their rooms in Waco on Dec 6th, just go on maxpreps and you will see they are scheduled to play WC for the champsionship lol.

WarEagle":1z4mqxe6 said:
test_em":1z4mqxe6 said:

TAPPS DIII DISTRICT 3
Is in my opinion hands down the toughest district in TAPPS DIII and I would even put it up against many DII and DI Districts. Even San Marcos which unfortunately didn't win a game was tough and would fight til the end.

As far as strength of schedule hard to say as I think each team has had some solid victories, although if you run a why test on this site the numbers are the following as far as average strength of opponent

CP 389.07
Freddy 384.6
Baytown 354.91

That being said we all know our Friends at the Bay have already booked their rooms in Waco on Dec 6th, just go on maxpreps and you will see they are scheduled to play WC for the champsionship lol.

I like the confidence, however the strength of schedule speaks for itself. That being said I would think CP and Fredericksburg would be the favorite over Baytown going into those games. I would also agree D3 District 3 is definitely the toughest district. Regardless of San Marcos schedule they always field a tough team that will battle to the end.

I think they are all pretty even. I’ve seen all of them play and it’s going to be fun down the stretch. The game I seen CP their defense really looked good. Going to be tough for anyone.

test_em":3uz35l6w said:
I think they are all pretty even. I’ve seen all of them play and it’s going to be fun down the stretch. The game I seen CP their defense really looked good. Going to be tough for anyone.

What game are you watching Friday?

-War Eagle

Final in Baytown
BCA 92
GC 0

First thing is to congratulate Greenville on a season that provided a playoff birth. It's a great experience and a deserving one to participate playoffs. Wish that school and community the best.

To the game....BCA dominates early. Most scores were in 1 to 2 plays. BCA defense held Greenville to only a couple of first down and one redzone visit in which the defense locked down and earned the ball back on downs.

The kids for BCA looked hungry and excited to be out there. This will be a fun run to watch game by game.

Also, sat close to a visiting school whom colors are red and blue...hmmm, know who could that be. Lol

Anyone catch the Freddy game tonight? I now they won but l was wondering how they looked. I went to the Baytown game tonight. They looked real strong tonight. 92-0 at half.

DirtyBayBulldog":xs2tw1vc said:
Final in Baytown
BCA 92
GC 0

First thing is to congratulate Greenville on a season that provided a playoff birth. It's a great experience and a deserving one to participate playoffs. Wish that school and community the best.

To the game....BCA dominates early. Most scores were in 1 to 2 plays. BCA defense held Greenville to only a couple of first down and one redzone visit in which the defense locked down and earned the ball back on downs.

The kids for BCA looked hungry and excited to be out there. This will be a fun run to watch game by game.

Also, sat close to a visiting school whom colors are red and blue...hmmm, know who could that be. Lol

We had a bye, so yes we took a weekend road trip and watched some games. Wanted to see BCA, but didn't realize they had a bye also lol. Kidding of course BCA looked great as expected!!

WarEagle":1215e1rf said:
DirtyBayBulldog":1215e1rf said:
Final in Baytown
BCA 92
GC 0

We had a bye, so yes we took a weekend road trip and watched some games. Wanted to see BCA, but didn't realize they had a bye also lol. Kidding of course BCA looked great as expected!!

Glad yall had a safe trip back and forth. Pray you guys were treated with respect.

Greenville played aggressively on Defense. Most teams sit 5 or 6 in a zone to try to take away BCA passing but Greenville sent mostly 3 rushers and sometimes 4. Go big or go home mentality. Like it.
Their offense was under a heavy rush all day so it was difficult for them to get clean passes off. They have alot of fight in them. Be a team to watch in the near future.

Back