Week 2 Playoff Matchups/Predictions

Seguin and Freddy both win again, setting up another familiar matchup in the south Semis.

ND wins big over an overmatched Weatherford team.

Does Trinity have a shot vs Granbury? Don't know much about them, but regardless I think I'll go with the pure talent of NCTA.

Should be some great action as we get closer to turkey day.

I agree with Cougar -
Seguin by 45
Baytown by 20+
Notre Dame by 42
Grandbury by 45

Should setup a nice show down between Seguin and Baytown for the semi

WFfootballfan":37u890gm said:
Seguin and Freddy both win again, setting up another familiar matchup in the south Semis.

Dude, seriously? You aren't specific with this outcome at all but you discount Baytown if you don't think they win out. I like all of your other pics as they are all academic. How many south teams have you honestly seen??

Have you done any research at all on Baytown? There are five return starters from this team last year that BEAT the state champion in undefeated district play in DIV I. This is DIV III. As a typical big boy on the block going down in division, they have blown thru every opponent with the exception of Conroe (which they put the brakes on late). Is Baytown what they were last year? No, probably a tick and a half down. But the core is still there and they are probably very healthy. One huge problem with Freddy: their opponents score too many points against them. Baytown should be able to capitalize on this and run with it.

Freddy is a good team, don't get me wrong. But a win for them here (and I will fix your prediction now) will only play spoiler to Baytown's semi-final matchup with Sequin.

Will you score the game in your response please? This is the game of the week in TAPPS for many. I wish I could make it to Bryan on Friday.

I do have a few questions for you Mr. Jones, how much playing time do the younger guys at Baytown get? Like if y'all are 45ing a team (which has happened a lot this year for Baytown), how much playing time did those younger guys get in those games? Is Baytown's roster this year 13 ?(I think I remember it being close to 10)... also do y'all have a middle school team?

Shortaround- you being an ex player for Freddy. I would be I interested in you prediction in the upcoming game. How many points are you taking Freddy by? And what do you think the final score will be.

shortround":1n1wej95 said:
I do have a few questions for you Mr. Jones, how much playing time do the younger guys at Baytown get? Like if y'all are 45ing a team (which has happened a lot this year for Baytown), how much playing time did those younger guys get in those games? Is Baytown's roster this year 13 ?(I think I remember it being close to 10)... also do y'all have a middle school team?

Just to chime in with what research I have done and the game I saw this year. Not sure what your referring to as far as "younger" kids because their roster only has 2 sophomores and one freshman. The game I went to on of the sophomores actually start. They are junior and senior heavy and I think thats what has been a huge advantage for them this year. I saw 12 on the sideline and one out of pads. Did not look to be injured. They do have a junior high program as well. They played before the high school at the conroe game.

By younger I meant sophomores and freshmen- I didn't know if Baytown was starting all juniors and seniors, so that's why I asked that question.
Now in regards to making predictions- I would have to first say that I think both teams will come out prepared for the game, and I don't like making predictions as they are taken too seriously even though they are just predictions. I see it being a medium scoring game (as in not 60 points or higher, and not lower than 24 points). I just don't think Baytown has seen someone yet quite like Fred (maybe the same could be said for Fred not seeing someone like Baytown). I don't think that one can properly say that points are the only thing that matters when it comes to doing head to head matchups..
I see it being something like 48-32 going in either direction. I hadn't commented thus far on the game because I've just been very busy with my schoolwork. All the best to both teams, and let the game speak for itself.

shortround":4l8rqox1 said:
By younger I meant sophomores and freshmen- I didn't know if Baytown was starting all juniors and seniors, so that's why I asked that question.
Now in regards to making predictions- I would have to first say that I think both teams will come out prepared for the game, and I don't like making predictions as they are taken too seriously even though they are just predictions. I see it being a medium scoring game (as in not 60 points or higher, and not lower than 24 points). I just don't think Baytown has seen someone yet quite like Fred (maybe the same could be said for Fred not seeing someone like Baytown). I don't think that one can properly say that points are the only thing that matters when it comes to doing head to head matchups..
I see it being something like 48-32 going in either direction. I hadn't commented thus far on the game because I've just been very busy with my schoolwork. All the best to both teams, and let the game speak for itself.

Yea... They just don't have many sophomore or freshman.
I think Conroe could actually beat Fred. Baytown beat them by 30.
Conroe actually has a shot to make the semis in D2.
Good luck on the homework bud.

shortround":37q0w59d said:

Not many young kids on the team from the looks of their roster. So to answer your first Q, I would say most kids get in during the numerous amounts of 45s that BC has given this season. These coaches have pretty good reputations from what I gather. (You said ya'll, I am not with Baytown lol). The last two years they have been junior/senior heavy. Very heavy.

2Q: Not sure on roster size. School has 55 total on tappbiz.

3Q: BC does have a JH team. They sometimes play before their varsity plays.

I think your assessment of the game is good. But BC plays a MUCH more physical game than Freddy. Even their RBs will hit you when the ball is in their hands. Defense is lights out. Freddy lets you score, check out what opposing, marginal teams put on them. Looks Freddy averages 25-35 pts per game. If the right BC team shows up, Freddy will be good to score three times. Rain and wind with lower temps are predicted. And BC has been very successful on this BAA field. Its familiar turf, no pun.
I DO like Freddy. They operate very efficiently and have guts. Their coaches are very, very good. I just see Freddy short here. I could be wrong but the momentum is with BC especially after disposing with Conroe with no problem.

Back