SixFan19":f9k2s9wo said:
.... well back on the topic of this thread. haha

Happy loses a nail biter to Borden County
Crowell and Garden City will be a dogfight but I think GC will pull it out

Rochelle will 45 Zephyr in the 3rd
Milford will scrape by Abbott

in that other division.....

Follett, Balmorhea, Guthrie win and Richland Springs by 11

What makes you think Rochelle 45's zephyr?

Not that I don't agree just curious your thoughts

Trust me Rochelle isnt expecting a 45 pt game..Zephyr is a quality opponent with good coaches and a stud! We expect it to be a hard fought game to the end!

I don't think any coach expects to 45 an opponent in the playoffs. But going by what I have seen, read, and heard, if the Hornets worked liked I think they did this week, their confidence level should be pretty high. If both teams play their best, the margin should be 45 in Rochelle's favor.

Gordon with speed and quickness? Zephyr has a predictable running game and a better passing game than Gordon. They would have been very evenly matched. Rochelle should take Zephyr, but it will probably be in the 20 to 25 point range.

Six19, Didn't you honestly expect to be able to power run the ball right down Rochelle's throat? I expect your Coaches thought the same thing, I would have thought the same thing had I been in their shoes. You were able to save yourselves from being 45fived because Rochelle flat gave out toward the end of that game and only needed to match your scores to win the game. Time was on their side.

Blue Bird":1uq1b11i said:
Gordon with speed and quickness? Zephyr has a predictable running game and a better passing game than Gordon. They would have been very evenly matched. Rochelle should take Zephyr, but it will probably be in the 20 to 25 point range.

Yeah.. one player in particular, I believe it was #42, who only got to play after a starter went down and wow I was really impressed.

Blue Bird":wb86hqif said:
Six19, Didn't you honestly expect to be able to power run the ball, right down Rochelle's throat? I expect your Coaches thought the same thing, I would have thought the same thing had I been in their shoes. You were able to save yourselves from being 45fived because Rochelle flat gave out toward the end of that game and only needed to match your scores to win the game. Time was on their side.

I thought all along if Gordon could stay within a couple of scores by half that attrition might work in their favor. Of course, thats just my opinion. If we all didnt have one what would be the use of this messageboard? Haha

I have to defend Gordon's offensive attack!! You dance with the one that brought you....I do think #5 slowed it down the 2nd half and showed on the long run he could turn it on when he needed to. Rochelle had the one thing that could give Gordon trouble and that was a good spread back. Gordon has some excellent players and good depth but I think their overall team speed was the thing that worried me the most all year.

Rochelle suited 10, 3 of those had pristine white pants at the end of the game....Flores is as good as advertised, running and throwing. Zephyr could learn from some of Gordon's game plan shortcomings and should keep it competitive.
Much like the Gordon game, I do not expect Zephyr to win. I won't be surprised if they do. Rochelle's lack of depth will be their eventual downfall....

The forecast for Early tomorrow is a 90% chance of rain and breezy, 80% tomorrow night. High 47 and falling. Which team has the best power running attack. Which the best ground defense?

I thought Gordon would win last week. But they proved me wrong. I saw Zephyr play at the start of the year. They have 2 great players with there RB and big freshman WR. But i'll go with Rochelle on this week.

Borden County keeps proving they are the best in sixman this year I think. BC has been here before and Richey knows how to handle it as being one of the best coaches in sixman. I see the Coyotes coming out on top by 20.

Crowell over Garden City by 35

Abott wins.

Guthrie moves on.

Calling an upset......Richland goes fails to move on this week. Lose by 12.

Follet wins as well.

Good luck to all and congrats to making it this deep in the playoffs! You are in a small percentage of highschool athletes to be still playing during thanksgiving week.

If the games are played in cold, rainy conditions, the teams who do the most to take care of their footballs and come out as dry as possible for the second half will have the best formula for success. And its going to be cold. Wear layers, boys.

In 2013 we played a team in Groom in the second round after a Norther blew in. It was so cold I feared for my kids' lives. We warmed up in the locker room and delayed taking the field until twenty minutes before kickoff. About that time their bus pulled up and let the team onto the field. Their kids must have been some kind of tough. The most they had on was a long sleeve Under Armour, summer shirt. They said it was in the 60s when they left home. Half way into the first quarter their kids were pink and some were crying. The half time mercy rule saved those men from some nasty hypothermia injuries.

I picked a list of teams who might prevail. I leaned back and gave them a long stare, then realized my picks could easily go 1 and 7.

Good luck to every team.

BE":ylv9d3ib said:
If the games are played in cold, rainy conditions, the teams who do the most to take care of their footballs will have the best formula for success.

I picked a list of teams who might prevail. I leaned back and gave them a long stare, then realized my picks could easily go 1 and 7.

Good luck to every team.

do I know that list?

Who is the 1 you feel most confident about?

Yep. It's the one I gave you the other day.
All I will say is the only game I feel certain about is in the West.

These games will be a football connoisseur's treasure trove of insight for practical use for years to come. The match-ups appear very easy to pick a winner on the surface. But there is a sinister under-layer of dynamics that will either reinforce what many of us believe, or do much to modify our six-man philosophies.

Three cheers to moving a game closer to finding out who the baddest two beasts in the state are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLDidwx7Yfs

All of this rain and mud is going to give Zephyr their best chance of beating Rochelle. The evasive SB will not have his best performance in this type of weather. Zephyr will have their shot in a low scoring game.

In the other central Texas game, even with the turf field, Jonesboro may take RS by as much as 30 points.
Their game does not have passing as their central feature.

Back