Official Sixmanfootball.com Rankings

I jest got two questions...

1. Why in the hell duz everbody git thare panties in a wad over rankings? Upset over gettin' left out or upset over not bein' hign enough or upset over bein' slighted. It iz jest an edumacated guess. And last time I done looked it had no effect on teams advancin' to the playoffs whare the whole issue of who iz what iz done settled.

2. Iz we sure we done want to be atalkin' bout privates in such a public way? I done think yur privates ought to be protected and cherished. In fact, I wud done wear a cup, but I don't wear drawers at all, so...

Mexican Englishman":rhuesy6g said:
Johnny South":rhuesy6g said:
Looks to be three really good games at Hico, and probably one blowout.

I see two blowouts. The first game and last.

Who ya got blowing out who in the last game? After seeing most of your post, I would assume you got Gorman. Seeing both play I think it will be a good game. But word is calm lost their qb and wr to injury already, so we'll see.

sixmanvirgin":3ih9i0c4 said:
Mexican Englishman":3ih9i0c4 said:
Johnny South":3ih9i0c4 said:

Who ya got blowing out who in the last game? After seeing most of your post, I would assume you got Gorman. Seeing both play I think it will be a good game. But word is calm lost their qb and wr to injury already, so we'll see.
I have Gorman blowing out Mt. Calm. I also see the excuses have already started for Mt. Calm.

Mexican Englishman":3mnpd0lg said:
sixmanvirgin":3mnpd0lg said:
Mexican Englishman":3mnpd0lg said:
Johnny South":3mnpd0lg said:

I have Gorman blowing out Mt. Calm. I also see the excuses have already started for Mt. Calm.

That's not a bad prediction, but it's easy to make predictions when you have nothing to lose. However, sixmanvirgin and her child live and play in Coolidge; so please don't assume they speak on behalf of the Mount Calm community. More importantly, let's not forget these kids are kids, and they play for the love of the game. When they lose the ability to play due to injury, it's devastating for them. Have a little more discretion and respect for these student-athletes.

As far as the game goes, Mount Calm will be there, prepared to play Gorman with our best athletes. We're not traveling to Hico to lose, but win or lose, we will do so with class and respect. Coach Williamson knows he'll get our best, and I know the same in return. And after the game, we will all eat bbq together.

I realize you dislike the staff at Mount Calm, but try to leave the kids out of this.

Mexican Englishman":1nbdgk62 said:

I think that you need to pay a little closer attention M E. Nobody is going to blow out a team that put up 53 points on the great 2015 Richland Springs Coyotes!

Goob":28kzb6sx said:
I jest got two questions...

1. Why in the hell duz everbody git thare panties in a wad over rankings? Upset over gettin' left out or upset over not bein' hign enough or upset over bein' slighted. It iz jest an edumacated guess. And last time I done looked it had no effect on teams advancin' to the playoffs whare the whole issue of who iz what iz done settled.

2. Iz we sure we done want to be atalkin' bout privates in such a public way? I done think yur privates ought to be protected and cherished. In fact, I wud done wear a cup, but I don't wear drawers at all, so...

Regarding number 2, I don't generally talk about privates in public either. But this kind of privates is a good thing overall I think. If it gives kids a chance to play, great. If it's run by overbearing parents, maybe not so much.

I'm interested to see how that successful privates coach does at Calvert this year. Will they get the opportunity to face RS? Will it matter, they have a very weak schedule all year, including district.
RS has a decent schedule to warm up before district.

coachsatcher":1g585i9w said:
Mexican Englishman":1g585i9w said:
sixmanvirgin":1g585i9w said:
Mexican Englishman":1g585i9w said:
Johnny South":1g585i9w said:

That's not a bad prediction, but it's easy to make predictions when you have nothing to lose. However, sixmanvirgin and her child live and play in Coolidge; so please don't assume they speak on behalf of the Mount Calm community. More importantly, let's not forget these kids are kids, and they play for the love of the game. When they lose the ability to play due to injury, it's devastating for them. Have a little more discretion and respect for these student-athletes.

As far as the game goes, Mount Calm will be there, prepared to play Gorman with our best athletes. We're not traveling to Hico to lose, but win or lose, we will do so with class and respect. Coach Williamson knows he'll get our best, and I know the same in return. And after the game, we will all eat bbq together.

I realize you dislike the staff at Mount Calm, but try to leave the kids out of this.

Satch, I don't know if you have injuries or not. I assume you do by your post.I was giving my opinion on what I think will happen at Hico.I believe your team will be blown out with or without your missing players.I believe that is what this website is for , different opinions from all of us bleacher coaches. I thought the Oakwood coach had started a website for all you professional coaches to go on and talk X's and O's?

continued

Division I
31 Santa Anna
32 Klondike
33 Rankin
34 Avalon
35 Marfa

Division II
31 Iredell
32 Oglesby
33 Whitharral
34 Lueders-Avoca
35 Cherokee

Johnny South":1xqselmd said:
Mexican Englishman":1xqselmd said:

I think that you need to pay a little closer attention M E. Nobody is going to blow out a team that put up 53 points on the great 2015 Richland Springs Coyotes!

Wow! Sounds like it was a close game.

I'll be in Hico covering the games and I really am interested to see what Gorman brings. I saw them at several track meets last year and they have some studs. They also have a HUGE fan base that shows up to everything in numbers. I imagine there will be plenty of Red White and Blue tents set up around the Hico field.

Gorman folks,
How did your team look in the first scrimmage with J Bird? I heard they looked pretty good until Jonesboro got the kinks worked out...

The Eagles have a great team with plenty of talent, there was no doubt who won the scrimmage, but Gorman played tough. Good luck to both teams.

Back