Oakwood vs Abbott

david_rantala

11-man fan
Predictions on what the score will be? Haters are welcome to voice there opinion like i know they will. lol Oakwood 70 abbott 75 is my prediction and it hurts me so much to say that. Oakwood competes but extra points holds them back. I hope i am wrong tho and they can make enough to win.

Contrary to your myopic perspective, just because someone picks against Oakwood does not make them a hater..........................

Have seen both teams play and have nothing to gain by predicting a winner, so I won't. I will say both teams run the ball very effectively and both have a defense than can stop the run. I don't see either team being stopped, but I also don't see either team running wild. I believe it will be 58-47. Not naming a winner, so I could be right either way. I think it will be a lot closer than Abbott and/or Oakwood thinks. The team that makes their extra points could be the winner.

When you think oakwood scores only half what they have averaged all year yeah it is sort of hating and smokey if you want to use words that you think nobody will even know what they mean then you might want to be sure you know what they mean. i know you are saying i have a very small perspective but part of myopics definition is a actual condition in your eye where you are short sighted and can only focus on what is right in front of you. I know this because a family member has myopia. I also know that that is exactly what my perspective is and so is oakwoods. We are only focused on Abbott right now. Its going to be a high scoring hard hitting game that ive seen coming for two months and cant wait to go to. Abbottpanther might be right. However i guarantee the panthers to lose there third game. its going to happen!lol

my·op·ic   [mahy-op-ik, -oh-pik] Show IPA
adjective
Ophthalmology . pertaining to or having myopia; nearsighted.
unable or unwilling to act prudently; shortsighted.
lacking tolerance or understanding; narrow-minded.

These are the meanings I was referring to. As to my usage of the English language; I fear that the written word is being corrupted so much that I like to occasionly exercise it's usage in a manner that much of the younger generation seem to have forgotten, or in some cases never acquired.
Forgive my verbosity................................

That is true David. However, if one knows the definitions of words, it is correct to use that word to convey your intent. I am proud that you recognized "myopic" as an opthamoligic term. The English language is probabably one of the most difficult for an individual to master because many words have multiple meanings.
Now look at what we have accomplished: You have learned a new way to use a word that you already knew. Isn't that encouraging? I think our next lesson will be about polysyllable words.
You may go now..............................

David, you are very poor representative for Oakwood, they could do very well on their own merit without your input, which hurts them. They are a very good team, they don't need you.

smokeyjoe53":34pjexjf said:
Contrary to your myopic perspective, just because someone picks against Oakwood does not make them a hater..........................

Smokey, all these kids have picked up in the lib talk now. Anyone who disagrees with them is a "hater", as if hate is a bad word.

Back