Newby

scary-surgeon.jpg

You might be a redneck if...

Your Christmas tree is still up in February.

You've ever been arrested for loitering.

You think that potted meat on a saltine is an hors d'ouvre.

There is a stuffed possum anywhere in your house.

You hammer bottle caps into the frame of your front door to make it look nice.

You've ever shot anyone for looking at you.

You own a homemade fur coat.

Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.

Your momma has "ammo" on her Christmas list.

You've totaled every car you've ever owned.

You might be a redneck if...

There are more than five McDonald's bags currently on the floorboard of your car.

Momma taught you how to flip a cigarette.

There is a wasp nest in your living room.

The Home Shopping Channel operator recognizes your voice.

You give your dad a gallon of Pepto-Bismol for his birthday.

There has ever been crime-scene tape on your front door.

You burn your front yard rather than mow it.

You consider a six-pack and a bug-zapper high-quality entertainment.

Fewer than half of your cars run.

You've ever been kicked out of the zoo for heckling the monkeys. (Cowboy????)

Home from the horsepital...... Tried to get one of the nurses to video the procedure.........she wasn't to enthused about that........... No pain ( I have a WONDERFUL little pump that keeps the nerve block going)..........
Have to keep my foot above my heart for 2 weeks. That may prove to be the most onerous of the post op instructions.
Have I mentioned that Narcos are very pleasant?

smokeyjoe53":258vb33b said:
CowboyP":258vb33b said:
Smokey seems to like the pain killers a little too well....
You betchum Red Ryder...................................................
If Doc sends you some drugs do not thake them. I have just now gottten out of the farm, recovering from what he gave me last spring.

pecospete":2o8gnlgh said:
smokeyjoe53":2o8gnlgh said:
CowboyP":2o8gnlgh said:
Smokey seems to like the pain killers a little too well....
You betchum Red Ryder...................................................
If Doc sends you some drugs do not thake them. I have just now gottten out of the farm, recovering from what he gave me last spring.
Do I need to send you more?

westexasflats":2637nhvb said:
Loungin' 'round the ol casa, foot proped up, DSW waitin' on you hand and foot, poppin' them narcs. Life is good for ol Smokey.
Yeppers, piece of cake..........

Surgery Procedure
A heel bone osteotomy and tendon transfer surgery usually takes two to three hours to perform. Spinal anesthesia typically is given to numb you from the waist down and you usually are sedated so you sleep through the procedure.

An incision approximately 12 to 14 centimeters long is made down the back of your lower leg, along the length of your posterior tibial tendon.

Torn and damaged tissue is cut out from your posterior tibial tendon.

An appropriately-sized portion of your FDL tendon, located next to the torn posterior tibial tendon, is cut and transferred over to where the posterior tibial tendon used to insert in the navicular bone.

The portion of your FDL tendon is sewn in to replace the function of your posterior tibial tendon.

Another incision is made on the outside of your foot so surgeons can gain access to your heel bone.

A portion of your heel bone is cut along an angle.

Surgeons slide the heel bone piece medially, toward the inside (big toe side) of your foot.

The heel bone piece is fixed in place with screws.

This new heel bone alignment slightly inverts your ankle. Your reconstructed tendon has to pull less on your foot bones to maintain your arch height, and your Achilles tendon also becomes a partial ankle inverter.

Both incisions usually are closed with stitches and your ankle is put into a splint to immobilize it. You are then taken to the recovery room.

They didn't do the spinal, just a nerve block in the back of my knee..........they keep it blocked for 55 hours. I'm hoping to extend that a little, say 6 or 8 weeks..................................................

westexasflats":171y6sv9 said:
OUCH...sounds like a bummer, if you need any help on the place while your down just holler
Well the milk cow is dry, Ive killed all the chickens so I imagine DSW can handle the Posthole Diggin' for a few days...................
Thanks anyway ................................................................................................

Back