Newby

Spoiling them is just one benefit.

Also - I know they're going to get an earful from my kids about how evil and mean I was as a parent. I want my grandchildren to think their parents are pathological liars. "My rainjack would never be that mean. He is the nicest person in the world. And he is the coolest person I've ever known".

Actually,
we have our #1 grandson with us this weekend.
He's the only one we get to spoil.
We plan to let him have
all the grapes he wants
right before we take him home today.
Ha!

Dogface2":1g82kgzq said:
Actually,
we have our #1 grandson with us this weekend.
He's the only one we get to spoil.
We plan to let him have
all the grapes he wants
right before we take him home today.
Ha!

Grapes?!? Might as well do it right and feed him all the twinkies he wants before you ship him off with his mom and dad. :)

rainjacktx":u4jr3hun said:

Also - I know they're going to get an earful from my kids about how evil and mean I was as a parent. I want my grandchildren to think their parents are pathological liars. "My rainjack would never be that mean. He is the nicest person in the world. And he is the coolest person I've ever known".
So you intend to deceive the kid...

Do grapes have a similar side effect as prunes? If so remind the parents that 22-28lbs on the diaper box does not refer to capacity..........

CowboyP":36d6o315 said:
rainjacktx":36d6o315 said:

Well, duh, if he don't the kid won't like him.

Rainjack, Yes, congratulations. Are you going to encourage him/her/it to call you Rainjack? That would be neat. I know all of ya'll have seen the bumper sticker that says "If I knew grandchildren would be this fun I would have started with them". True words Rainjack. Enjoy your grandchild.

Blue Bird":2e36wfr9 said:
Rainjack, Yes, congratulations. Are you going to encourage him/her/it to call you Rainjack? That would be neat. I know all of ya'll have seen the bumper sticker that says "If I knew grandchildren would be this fun I would have started with them". True words Rainjack. Enjoy your grandchild.

I don't know if it'll be rainjack, but I don't want a generic grandparent name, it just wouldn't feel right. And I don't care what the parents name them - I am going to give each grand child a pet name. I'm pretty good at naming dogs, and giving a grand baby a dog name as a term of endearment is pretty cool in my book.

I'm sure we could come up with a few names the grand kids could call you.......................
As far as as giving them pet names......... I don't really think Spot would be appropriate .............

CowboyP":aav9yyok said:
rainjacktx":aav9yyok said:

Not deception. Not totally, anyhow.

It's kinda weird, but all of my nieces and nephews started out being scared to death of me. I have a gruff voice, and I can gert pretty testy if some toddler with jelly covered fingers starts jacking with my dvd player. I admit to being a hardass. My kids will be the first to tell you my motto: No means no, and will not be repeated more than once.

Anyhow - the bro and sis inlaws used me as their ultimate threat in lieu of actually giving their kids a spanking. You know - like "If you don't stop it right now, I'm going to send you to uncle rainjack and you know how mean he is. Why, before you were born I saw him eat a little kid in WalMart just for whining in the check out line."

SO the nieces and nephews all cut a wide path around me during their most formative years. Then when they hit about 12 - 13 they start getting my humor, and the gruff voice, and figure maybe it's an act. Then they spend a week with us in the summer, and we become the best of pals.

I ain't giving my grand kids 12 years to figure out I am pal worthy.

rainjacktx":170s9jlt said:
CowboyP":170s9jlt said:
rainjacktx":170s9jlt said:

Not deception. Not totally, anyhow.

It's kinda weird, but all of my nieces and nephews started out being scared to death of me. I have a gruff voice, and I can gert pretty testy if some toddler with jelly covered fingers starts jacking with my dvd player. I admit to being a hardass. My kids will be the first to tell you my motto: No means no, and will not be repeated more than once.

Anyhow - the bro and sis inlaws used me as their ultimate threat in lieu of actually giving their kids a spanking. You know - like "If you don't stop it right now, I'm going to send you to uncle rainjack and you know how mean he is. Why, before you were born I saw him eat a little kid in WalMart just for whining in the check out line."

SO the nieces and nephews all cut a wide path around me during their most formative years. Then when they hit about 12 - 13 they start getting my humor, and the gruff voice, and figure maybe it's an act. Then they spend a week with us in the summer, and we become the best of pals.

I ain't giving my grand kids 12 years to figure out I am pal worthy.

Grandparents, especially the grannies, are supposed to be softies. Spoil 'em rotten and hand 'em rotten and hand them back to Mom and Dad. Although I can remember both my gradndads spanking me when it became nexessary.....which was pretty often....

Dang, all this peace and love crap has filtered over to Newby and has started to make Rainjack look human. What's going to happen next? Is Goob going to start posting in the Queen's English now? Will he have a PHD from Oxford?

oldfat&bald":32toii1t said:
Dang, all this peace and love crap has filtered over to Newby and has started to make Rainjack look human. What's going to happen next? Is Goob going to start posting in the Queen's English now? Will he have a PHD from Oxford?

I agree. way too much love up in here. I'm going to go club a few baby seals, and maybe make fun of some retarded kids on the way home.

rainjacktx":22s5izmw said:
oldfat&bald":22s5izmw said:

I agree. way too much love up in here. I'm going to go club a few baby seals, and maybe make fun of some retarded kids on the way home.

Now THAT'S the rainman we all know.

Had a friend who just put in a 3000 tree pecan orchard. Really nice. Deer fence all around. Kept having problems with something gettiing into the drip irrigation system & really tearing it up. Thought it was rabbits......after several nights of some real fun rabbit eradication, they set a close up game camera up on a drip. Mice. Thousands of em.
Run over a few of them on the way home as well......

smokeyjoe53":bh2qj3gx said:
Had a friend who just put in a 3000 tree pecan orchard. Really nice. Deer fence all around. Kept having problems with something gettiing into the drip irrigation system & really tearing it up. Thought it was rabbits......after several nights of some real fun rabbit eradication, they set a close up game camera up on a drip. Mice. Thousands of em.
Run over a few of them on the way home as well......

That gave me the heebie jeebies. Kinda like that Discovery Channel video of a mice infestation in Australia. Only thing I hate worse than mice is roaches. I mean as a distant second and third place to snakes. I'll run over my crippled, arthritic mother if I see a snake.

Back