Milford vs Strawn

Strawn has 6 impact players! You better be watching the whole teAm! This team is deep in talent, and doesn’t have to rely on this forum to prove it. Come Friday night folks will see just how good strawn is.

My belief is still that the Greyhounds are way more sound in their fundamentals. They win this game in my opinion. And probably the next one.

I agree Strawn by +4 touchdowns. It really comes down to who can keep their composure when mistakes are made. Milford is a very talented team but what kills them is their lack of discipline. The players always seem to beat themselves. I hope it is onepackonegoal because if its not on friday its going to get ugly really fast. Ill leave the thread with this though... if they play like they played my Coyotes then Milford wins.

Go Coyotes!!!

I can’t imagine either team winning by 4 tds.
It will be a great game to watch, I have heard so much about strains defense but they have not had to play a team like Milford where they can run or pass at will.
If they can shut down Milford I will give them their due but a lot of really good teams have tried all year and all have ended on the losing side.
Friday can’t get here fast enough.

You guys are so right Milford has to come in focused and ready to play from first kick off. Strawn isnt in the semis for lack of a good team and neither is Milford... I haven't seen Strawn play but I know if my boys come in firing on all cylinders is will be a longggg night forthe Greyhounds. This shall be my last post until gameday. Going to spend my extra time encouraging our young men.... Roll DAWGS.... Lord its going to be a longgggg week... Lol

TheGoat97":5sk6q4qr said:
Yall destroyed us in the playoffs a couple years ago lol..
I know lol that was my junior year and was the center on that Blum team. But that was the year Blum went to the Semis and was a lot better than they are now (although I may be a bit biased), and Milford is waaay better now than they were in '14. What's funny is my senior year coach McFarlin (in what would turn out to be his last season in six-man) said that he was glad Milford was going six-man because "that Taron Smith kid is going to be a monster". It would appear that he was right lol.

gotta say Springtown is lucky to be hosting these two playoff games... these Milford and Jonesboro boys have worked hard all year and I hope that both can win and continue to represent each town to the end and bring home the ring.

obagain":1m9z11vw said:
I can’t imagine either team winning by 4 tds.
It will be a great game to watch, I have heard so much about strains defense but they have not had to play a team like Milford where they can run or pass at will.
If they can shut down Milford I will give them their due but a lot of really good teams have tried all year and all have ended on the losing side.
Friday can’t get here fast enough.

Don't strains yourself posting.

I saw both Milford and Strawn play Crowell. I must say that I thought that Milford played a better Crowell team than Strawn played. Crowell took Milford into the 3rd quarter and scored 3TDs overall. Strawn was able to shut them out at half with a 52-0 score. Sadly, it appeared to me that Crowell spent most of the second quarter without focus against Strawn.

Possibly because of health reasons but Skyler Hayes played very little spread back against Strawn. Not very offensive we he is not back there. Strawn Defense is excellent and no way Crowell could move the ball without him deep.

MilfordInsider":11f3ws7d said:
Just want to know if strawn's defense can live up to all the hype.

So far it's not hype.
Strawn has given up 80 points in 13 games played. That's 6 points a game. 7 were shut outs. In 3 they gave up 6 to each. The most they gave up was 28, then 20 and 14, that's it.
They've 45'd all 13 opponents.
Nobody really knows exactly what will happen Friday. No matter what does, Kudos to the Strawn D and Coach Cervantes.

It's been pointed out that Milford has a tougher schedule, more highly ranked opponents.
They have given up 324 points in 11 games. That's 29 points a game, 1 more than Strawn gave up in it's worst defensive performance of the season. They gave up almost as many to Oakwood (71) as Strawn did the whole season. 61 to Garden City. 94 in the first 2 games combined. They have one shut out and gave up 8 in two other games.

BTW. Against a pretty decent Aspermont team last week all of Strawns first 5 offensive drives were one play each, for 5 TD's.

well its Tuesday and many of you have valid points but as usual in football, the games must be played out and all will be known Friday night....good luck to both teams and my hope is that the dawgs will prevail but if not they had a great year

I don't think anyone knows what's going to happen, no computer can tell you how big the heart is in these players or what motivates some of them more than others. Strength of schedule could be a plus or minus depending on how you look at it wear and tear vs rested and healthy? Milford and Strawn boys are giving each of there towns something to be proud of year in year out. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

Back