Milford vs Strawn

Well now we can talk about it .Undefeated Milford Vs Undefeated Strawn. Two great teams only one winner. Milford has been absolutely battle tested nearly every week while Strawn has played a very easy schedule. I think Milford's big game experience gained this year will boost them to victory. I do expect a lot of fireworks in this as it could get crazy in the fourth quarter. But I will take my boys +8. Roll dawgs

I see MexicanEnglishman has reared his head again. As true to form all these others dont believe in Milford when they have consistently shown this year they are the real deal. You may get close but you wont over power them. They have continued to slay the Coyotes,dragons,eagles,bobcats you name it all season long. They will show up Friday ready to make another statement... #onepackonegoal

Milford has been tested,,,,,,, and with a healthy team,,,,,, lookout Strawn

1 Milford 51 Bryson 50
2 Milford 71 Jonesboro 44
3 Milford 51 Gholson 0
4 Milford 56 Wylie Preparatory 8
5 Milford 64 Aquilla 28
7 Milford 64 Crowell 18
8 Milford 66 Garden City 61
9 Milford 48 Trinidad 0
10 Milford 118 Oakwood 71
11 Milford 1 Mt. Calm 0
12 Milford 56 Buckholts 8
13 Milford 62 Richland Springs 16

This one should be one heck of a game! Milford has a great offense and Strawn has an amazing defense, I hate to miss this one.

Did I read that right? +4 touchdowns??? Ok Strawn is good, but you guys are making them seem like the greatest team ever. No way, No how can this milford offense be stopped. You play coverage and Ta'Ron takes off and embarrasses your entire defense's ability to tackle in space. You bring pressure and Milford's track team is flying past your safeties and dancing into the end zone. You forget to cover the dumps and you have 6'2 215 Lbs #11 catching the dump and just bulldozering his way into the end zone. No one has been able to outscore this offense at all this year and I have a hard time believing Strawn can outscore them by 4 touchdowns.

I could be wrong but I feel like Milford is destined for the state championship, especially after taking down the legendary Richland Springs. Taron is just too good. What sucks is that's next season they go D1 and will probably have to play my Bobcats at some point in the playoffs lol.

Milford vs Strawn matchup is always a heck of a game. But I honestly have to take my DAWGS by 14. These guys have been preaching to us since the loss to RS last season that they were going all the way. That they weren't going to let any team get the best of them. That they would work as a team. If one was having an off night the rest would take up the slack. That's why us Milfordfans come on here and boost them on. They have shown us excellence on the field,in school,in their churches and the community. Roll on DAWGS.... #onepackonegoal

poppop":3ieiyllx said:
Just some VERY BASIC numbers to consider when looking at Milford and Strawn (these are prior to tonights games).

Team Records
Milford 12-0
Strawn 12-0

Ranking
Milford 1
Strawn 3

Pretty even match-up those far...
For these next numbers, opponents Wylie Prep (Milford) and Fort Worth THESA (Strawn) are not included. No offense to those schools.

8 points. Milford beat Bryson by 1, they're gone. They beat Garden City by 5, they're gone. 8 points over 2 games and they'd be 11-2. Yeah they have had a tougher schedule but they didn't dominate those two. Yes they finally not only beat but 45'd a banged up Richland Springs. As I mentioned elsewhere how about their one common opponent? Both 45'd Crowell, Milford gave up 3 TD's, then 71 to Oakwood. Strawn shut them out in the playoff's. Just throwing this out there.

Number of Top 10 Ranked teams defeated
Milford 6 (including defending State Champions)
Strawn 1 (including playoff victory against Crowell)

Average ranking of opponent
Milford - 24.27
Strawn - 39.54

Average Record of opponents
Milford - Wins 7.18 Losses - 4
Strawn - Wins 4.54 Losses - 6.44

Now, we all know...there are lies, d**n lies and then there are statistics. But, it certainly appears that Milford has made it through a much tougher schedule. Logic would say they should be strongly favored. Just throwing this out there.

Oops. How did my response wind up in the middle of this one and not at the end?
My technological ineptitude I guess.

Looks like springtown tx will be the place to be on Friday
Jonesboro vs Tioga and Milford vs Strawn. I don't see anyone leaving these game if they only could have played them on Saturday.

I heard that Ta'ron is the the player to watch, but I have not heard who Strawn has as a impact player? Now I am not saying they have to just have one normally that's the case in 6man and if I go to the game I would like to know who to watch for.

Sixmanfanatic1980":2thx8t0y said:
Looks like springtown tx will be the place to be on Friday
Jonesboro vs Tioga and Milford vs Strawn. I don't see anyone leaving these game if they only could have played them on Saturday.
Milford vs Strawn is 7:30 Friday, Jonesboro vs Tioga is 5:00 Saturday.

Back