Milford v McLean for the gold ball

MilfordInsider":17iht373 said:
I’ve said it once and I will say it again; McLean has not played a team like Milford. McLean has never played a spreadback like Ta’Ron.
Milford has played teams like this McLean team before. Milford plays a team like McLean every year. Milford will stop McLeans power run. I think stopping the power run is Milford’s strength on defense. Milford’s only loss this year was to strawn. Everyone on this board has admitted that strawn in week 5 was a way better version than strawn in week 1. I think Milford did an amazing job stopping (or containing) strawns power run, Strawn scored a lot on big passing plays. Milford’s D Line and Strawns O Line faught all night and Milford didn’t get “wore out”. Milford’s got two big 220+ pounds DT’s in the middle and they cause problems for opposing teams. Remember 4 of the starters on defense this year were defensive starters last year that held back to back champs RS to 16 points in the playoffs! Yeah there’s the “Walker didn’t paly ”excuse, but Richland lined up in tight and jaybird and tried to run the ball down Milford’s throat all night. Milford’s boys played the best defensive game I’ve ever seen from a Milford team in a long while.... I see a part 2 of this performance coming at AT&T.
I'm hoping Milford brings their best game. I will be there to watch it.

EasyE43":hude016a said:
Ohhhh silly Mr. Insider! You’re in for a rude awakening if you think Mclean will get hit in the mouth and it will matter! They do the hitting bud. For the record, we traveled 4 hours to BEAT Strawn by 33!!!! And we didn’t even play that great! We’re a much better team now than we were then! And as far as never seeing a guy like Taron, our guys practice against one just the same everyday! Our #5 is the same caliber player, trust me. You are going to be shell shocked in the stands on this one Insider! Promise!
You obviously haven't watched Ta'Ron play have you? Smoking those smooth blends does not change reality!

It’s going to be very hard to juke and jive when you’re getting hit in the mouth every single play! Look, the kid may be amazing!!! I have no doubt he is! I just have no doubt he’s going to get hit harder than he ever has, and I have no doubt we have 3-4 players better than him! Can’t wait!

When you say that you have 3-4 players in your team better than Ta’Ron is when I seriously start to question your sanity. I hear you guys talk about McLean but whenever I watch the film I’m disappointed. The boys are good... but they are extremely over hyped. The moment McLean beat GC UIL should have mailed Milford the hats and gold medals already. Can’t wait for Wednesday.

Johnny South":33oo69u2 said:
I don't know about getting hit in the mouth, I believe that each team is capable of laying the wood. Watched the McLean and Strawn at Jayton game. Week one games can be a little deceiving sometimes, but Strawn did not play much of a game, and McLean played good. Play it now and I think that Strawn might win it. When Milford and McLean meet in this game, it will be close for a while, but Milford may just prove to be too much for the high plains team.
I’ll respectfully disagree and say McLean would win again, but it would definitely be a closer margin. I was able to see both teams play once more after the week one matchup.

I will never understand the week one argument that Strawn “wasn’t ready” and would beat McLean if they played again. It was McLeans first game as well.. y’all don’t think they have improved just like Strawn has? Man I can’t wait for Wednesday. I have not seen Ta’ron play, but he sounds like he is legit. Watching him and Ben Crockett on the same field will be awesome.

I talked to Taron today and he had told me that he has already broke down their film. Should be a good game. Can Wednesday get here any faster?!

bballcoach":15f68fod said:
I will never understand the week one argument that Strawn “wasn’t ready” and would beat McLean if they played again. It was McLeans first game as well.. y’all don’t think they have improved just like Strawn has? Man I can’t wait for Wednesday. I have not seen Ta’ron play, but he sounds like he is legit. Watching him and Ben Crockett on the same field will be awesome.
I have watched the McLean vs Strawn game on youtube several times and McLean played a good game. They punished Strawn. Strawn didn't look sharp at all, not saying McLean couldn't play better too. I don't think that being said means McLean is a the monster team . White Deer was a solid team but Garden City is the only elite team beside Strawn that McLean has played. If McLean beats Milford, fine. Anxious to see if Ben Crockett is the real deal, I know Ta'Ron is. Seen him play Strawn twice and he is dynamic. I expect McLean to throw in some wrinkles in this game because they are more predictable than Milford.

MilfordInsider":zp5ftw5k said:
When you say that you have 3-4 players in your team better than Ta’Ron is when I seriously start to question your sanity. I hear you guys talk about McLean but whenever I watch the film I’m disappointed. The boys are good... but they are extremely over hyped. The moment McLean beat GC UIL should have mailed Milford the hats and gold medals already. Can’t wait for Wednesday.

Thats the kind of talk right there that has made the users on here so happy once Milford got eliminated. And after watching the film on leakey and Milford, those rare breed of athletes didn't really live up to the hype.

Math, ugh. McLean beat Strawn by 33, Garden City beat them by 11. Strawn beat Milford by 8 (this year). So should I go with McLean by 52? Or should I just go with the computerized algorithm - logarithm version developed over years by the Guru, Granger, that man behind the curtain with 45?

Or should I average the three semi common opponents? 52/3 = 17. Way below time tested, highly accurate this time of year "Toy". Overcomable by the Bulldogs?

SixmanSpectator":2x8dlhwr said:
Caprock kid":2x8dlhwr said:
I’m not to interested in D1 or D2 state games both will probably be one sided. McLean and Strawn take home the gold ball this year.

No one asked if you were interested Mr. Litz.

Geeze hurt feelings already. No one asked for people to comment on a meaningless topic either.

There won’t be any wrinkles thrown in by Mclean, they’re going to line up and run it right at you and fly to the ball on defense and hit you HARD! That’s just what they do! As far as Strawn, Mclean physically and athletically dominated them! I don’t care if it was week 1 or now, Mclean would beat them worse now than they did in week 1! I’m telling, Milford is about to get hit harder than they’ve ever been hit. You think I’m just talking trash, but I’m honestly not. I’m just giving you fair warning. It will be a blood bath, if Milford can stand that, they can take it into the third, if not, it’s over at half.

EasyE43 said:
There won’t be any wrinkles thrown in by Mclean, they’re going to line up and run it right at you and fly to the ball on defense and hit you HARD! That’s just what they do! As far as Strawn, Mclean physically and athletically dominated them! I don’t care if it was week 1 or now, Mclean would beat them worse now than they did in week 1! I’m telling, Milford is about to get hit harder than they’ve ever been hit. You think I’m just talking trash, but I’m honestly not. I’m just giving you fair warning. It will be a blood bath, if Milford can stand that, they can take it into the third, if not, it’s over at half.[/quo
Thanks for sharing that enlightening diatribe. You are depleting the atmosphere of oxygen with that rhetoric.

My reply was to your statement that Coach B never lost a regular season game. How sly of you. Coach B didn't but his team did, to what few teams actually presented any degree of competition. I think we can agree that true competition is what makes football or any sport for that matter interesting. Otherwise we all lose interest. But you having watched the 2008 or 2009 Strawn teams play a few times does not prevent you from being a Newbie. You certainly like all things Richland Springs and Coach B, enjoy that.

Actually, I asked if they ever lost a regular season game. Sorry it took me so long to respond to you, but I had to look up how many games Richland Springs lost in the regular season with Burkhart as their coach for the last 15 years. Are you ready for this?

*Borden County, 2009
*May, 2013
*Happy 2017

I believe that is accurate since Richland went 192-10 with Burkhart while winning 8 state titles; Therefore, 7 of their loses came in the playoffs while the 3 mentioned above during the regular season.

Do you really want to say that Richland played nobody in those 15 regular seasons of going 10-0 twelve times and 9-1 three times? I can tell you right now that the 2007 Rochelle Hornets, a district opponent of Richland Spring's, would have easily won the DII State Title that year!

While I respect Strawn, you cannot win this argument and are simply calling me a "newb" because you know I am right!

Back