Milford v McLean for the gold ball

TebowTime15":29rh5zf1 said:
My reply was to your statement that Coach B never lost a regular season game. How sly of you. Coach B didn't but his team did, to what few teams actually presented any degree of competition. I think we can agree that true competition is what makes football or any sport for that matter interesting. Otherwise we all lose interest. But you having watched the 2008 or 2009 Strawn teams play a few times does not prevent you from being a Newbie. You certainly like all things Richland Springs and Coach B, enjoy that.

Actually, I asked if they ever lost a regular season game. Sorry it took me so long to respond to you, but I had to look up how many games Richland Springs lost in the regular season with Burkhart as their coach for the last 15 years. Are you ready for this?

*Borden County, 2009
*May, 2013
*Happy 2017

I believe that is accurate since Richland went 192-10 with Burkhart while winning 8 state titles; Therefore, 7 of their loses came in the playoffs while the 3 mentioned above during the regular season.

Do you really want to say that Richland played nobody in those 15 regular seasons of going 10-0 twelve times and 9-1 three times? I can tell you right now that the 2007 Rochelle Hornets, a district opponent of Richland Spring's, would have easily won the DII State Title that year!

While I respect Strawn, you cannot win this argument and are simply calling me a "newb" because you know I am right!
My argument was that Burkhart never scheduled any challenging teams for non district games and your reply shows that I am correct. Three teams in 15 years, what a brave challenging schedule that was. If you talked to anyone that has been in six man football for the last 20 to 30 years they will tell you the same thing. I think Burkhart would admit it too. Don't take it personal, but lack of competition waters down the results. You have to agree with that.

Texlonghorn75":3vzi41hv said:
TebowTime15":3vzi41hv said:
My reply was to your statement that Coach B never lost a regular season game. How sly of you. Coach B didn't but his team did, to what few teams actually presented any degree of competition. I think we can agree that true competition is what makes football or any sport for that matter interesting. Otherwise we all lose interest. But you having watched the 2008 or 2009 Strawn teams play a few times does not prevent you from being a Newbie. You certainly like all things Richland Springs and Coach B, enjoy that.

Actually, I asked if they ever lost a regular season game. Sorry it took me so long to respond to you, but I had to look up how many games Richland Springs lost in the regular season with Burkhart as their coach for the last 15 years. Are you ready for this?

*Borden County, 2009
*May, 2013
*Happy 2017

I believe that is accurate since Richland went 192-10 with Burkhart while winning 8 state titles; Therefore, 7 of their loses came in the playoffs while the 3 mentioned above during the regular season.

Do you really want to say that Richland played nobody in those 15 regular seasons of going 10-0 twelve times and 9-1 three times? I can tell you right now that the 2007 Rochelle Hornets, a district opponent of Richland Spring's, would have easily won the DII State Title that year!

While I respect Strawn, you cannot win this argument and are simply calling me a "newb" because you know I am right!
My argument was that Burkhart never scheduled any challenging teams for non district games and your reply shows that I am correct. Three teams in 15 years, what a brave challenging schedule that was. If you talked to anyone that has been in six man football for the last 20 to 30 years they will tell you the same thing. I think Burkhart would admit it too. Don't take it personal, but lack of competition waters down the results. You have to agree with that.

I never agreed nor disagreed with that. You called me a "newb" because I simply stated that Richland Springs lost few, if any, regular season games. Again, they could beat San Saba's JV in a sixman game 192 teams in 15 years and that is still impressive and you know it!

While you would need to ask Jerry Burkhart about your specific claim, I do know that some teams were scared to play them. Happy beat them in 2013, and surely you would agree Happy and Richland would have to go out of their way to play each other.

It is a mute point, either way, because they won the state championship 8 out of 15 years! I will agree that perhaps they could have dodged a DI opponent when they were in DII, but they won 3 of the rings in DI/no split. All in all, they were a top 10 sixman team, regardless of division, all 15 years Burkhart coached them.

MilfordInsider":2n139hxl said:
For those who have yet to see Ta’Ron play... here are his Junior Year highlights.
https://www.hudl.com/video/2/106143/5a6 ... 0c2c272932
Thanks for posting the highlight film. You had me convinced the kid was the next Patrick Mahomes. This video proves otherwise to me at least. I have seen countless kids at the six man level Ta’Ron couldn’t match up to.
Haven’t seen a six an game in several years but if this is the best of the last couple years it’s disappointing. Is six man getting weaker overall?

SimplyPut":817bhuog said:
MilfordInsider":817bhuog said:
For those who have yet to see Ta’Ron play... here are his Junior Year highlights.
https://www.hudl.com/video/2/106143/5a6 ... 0c2c272932
Thanks for posting the highlight film. You had me convinced the kid was the next Patrick Mahomes. This video proves otherwise to me at least. I have seen countless kids at the six man level Ta’Ron couldn’t match up to.
Haven’t seen a six an game in several years but if this is the best of the last couple years it’s disappointing. Is six man getting weaker overall?

Here is his highlight film from some of this years games
https://www.hudl.com/v/2AxeTu

I can’t wait for you to see he isn’t even the 4th or 5th best athlete on the field in this game! I like your optimism though. The word for the this game is, PAIN!

I’ve watched several McLeans game film and..... not impressed. Garden City very well should have won that football game. Garden City missed 4-6 extra points and threw 2 pick 6’s and were only down 12 in the early 4th quater. I also noticed McLean doesn’t block very well... several times #20 was wrapped up by GC in the back field put GC couldn’t bring him down. Poor tackling.

I promise you this, let some of these big ole Milford boys have free shots on #20 like GC had... i promise #20 will have to be carried off of the field.
As for McLeans “Speed”.... if that’s what y’all call fast in West, Tx then ok.... but McLean will not be able to keep up with the speed of Milford.
Milford by 25!

The only way Crockett is getting carried off the field is by his teammates after Mclean wins. You don’t have to be impressed to get trucked or hit hard. Garden City was legit good, most people say that was the true state championship, and we won by almost 40! Lol. I love your doubt in this Mclean team! And yes, we have speed! This team FLYS TO THE BALL! Again, just fair warning, Milford will get hit harder than they’ve ever been hit. We will find out about their heart and guts real quick. I just hope we don’t need it at half, because I want to enjoy our time at Cowboy Stadium!

Greatest, that speed will be matched by Mclean and met with the full force of a TEAM of heavy hitters. I swear to you, I’m not just blowing smoke or talking trash. Milford will be challenged physically like they can’t imagine. IF they can with stand that, they can play past half time.

EasyE43":hg55c83j said:
Greatest, that speed will be matched by Mclean and met with the full force of a TEAM of heavy hitters. I swear to you, I’m not just blowing smoke or talking trash. Milford will be challenged physically like they can’t imagine. IF they can with stand that, they can play past half time.
Make sure your at AT&T stadium Wednesday at 2 and you’ll see how our dawgs play fast

Oh yes sir! I promise you I’ll be there! No disrespect to your team, I believe they are really good! I just don’t think they can withstand the physical play they will get Wednesday!

MilfordInsider":dovld1nb said:
I’ve watched several McLeans game film and..... not impressed. Garden City very well should have won that football game. Garden City missed 4-6 extra points and threw 2 pick 6’s and were only down 12 in the early 4th quater. I also noticed McLean doesn’t block very well... several times #20 was wrapped up by GC in the back field put GC couldn’t bring him down. Poor tackling.

I promise you this, let some of these big ole Milford boys have free shots on #20 like GC had... i promise #20 will have to be carried off of the field.
As for McLeans “Speed”.... if that’s what y’all call fast in West, Tx then ok.... but McLean will not be able to keep up with the speed of Milford.
Milford by 25!

One word: Leakey

MilfordInsider":3h5911a2 said:

Milford by 25!

Just letting you know, our kids a great tacklers. #20 is just that good. Good luck to both teams!

Garden City had great tacklers and they were the most physical team we have played all year! If Garden City would have won, I’d take them by 20 or more against Milford too. I believe Mclean is better at every single position in both sides of the ball than Milford. That’s not a knock on Milford either, it’s just that we are that good his year! They’ve earned it too! Every day in the summer and every day this season at practice. This team is HUNGRY!

EasyE43":1y86bewz said:
Garden City had great tacklers and they were the most physical team we have played all year! If Garden City would have won, I’d take them by 20 or more against Milford too. I believe Mclean is better at every single position in both sides of the ball than Milford. That’s not a knock on Milford either, it’s just that we are that good his year! They’ve earned it too! Every day in the summer and every day this season at practice. This team is HUNGRY!
If Garden is the most physical team you’ve played all year then it’s going to get very real for McLean very fast at AT&T....
I’m definitely not knocking GC, they are an awesome team. They are just not Milford.

TebowTime15":1x09odv1 said:
MilfordInsider":1x09odv1 said:

Milford by 25!

One word: Leakey

Leaky... a game you said we under performed in. But we 45ed them in the 3rd quater, with horrible weather, and they were a semi finalist team!!!

Back