Mid-Season Check Up

Ole Sullivan Floyd!, around these parts we call him "Bear" for his unbelievable tree climbing abilities

Tyler, what would u say if I told u, mr integrity rasco was the district president. So why would he see a problem, he is the one violating the rules.....

If you called me with a recruiting thing like this, I would talk lol.

So the vice president and Secretary of the district have to sign off. Just saying more goes into it. But not wanting to argue, just wanted to put two cents in. Trying to defend Coach integrity. We are a small fraternity of Christian men all fighting for the same goals. To change and shape young men, and maybe win some games along the way. I just hate seeing coaches get called out like this. Happened to me about 5 years ago as well. Someone thought I did wrong, blasted me and the kids all over this place. Was a tough time for myself personally. And I didn't do anything wrong. And nobody broke any rules. But yet had to fight off that black cloud for a while, cause someone just knew I did wrong. So, this isn't a fun thing for anyone.

I'm done posting about it tho. You know how I feel at this point. Wish all luck rest of season.

Yes SFA, my friends do call me Bear, but it's not for climbing trees. It's a long story!
This forum is much better than my Isawbigfoot, spagettiwesterns and Trekkie blogs.

Well Mrs. Bear says I have to help with the grandkids in the morning so hopefully we can al do this again tomorrow!

Prickly Bear

John Holmes":3zxk0soy said:
Tyler, what would u say if I told u, mr integrity rasco was the district president. So why would he see a problem, he is the one violating the rules.....

I believe that, when the transfer student is enrolling at or from a district school, the transfer form has to be signed by an official of a third district school. But that's from a long ago recollection, and I haven't kept up on changes to TAPPS rules in the past couple years.

that sounds like the way it is done by signing papers....but I do believe boarding school paper work is different from transfer paperwork....maybe somebody can clarify this...

SFA":y32oun0u said:
that sounds like the way it is done by signing papers....but I do believe boarding school paper work is different from transfer paperwork....maybe somebody can clarify this...

TAPPS does require a school that has boarding facilities must apply for that status. I think it requires a bunch of paperwork that you are running a true boarding school and not just shacking up a bunch of ringer athletes in some old residence quarters last used by the nuns back in the 50s and 60s or you're just renting a few apartments over at the college kids apartment complex (both of these were scenarios used by some non-boarding TAPPS schools which led to the boarding school rules).

NCTA is among the school so approved. I remember their headmaster telling me that they had 1 or 2 sets of "dorm parents" for each facility holding 8-16 kids.

Puldude, the reasoning behind my words that smhc will "get under your skin" is because they try to do just that. And I'm speaking from the experience of playing them last year. I'm giving my honest opinion of them (without calling anyone in specific out), but they are punks. They hit after the whistle, cuss you out, and try to hurt players. Please know that I'm not trying to be disrespectful of them, I'm calling it from what I've personally experienced playing them. Did I care that they did that stuff, not really, and neither did my teammates. My fellow seniors and our coaching staff kept the younger guys on our team to ignore it and just play our game. Our team responded to their chippy style of play by smash-mouth physical football, which shut them up and made them mad at their own team mates. Again, I'm speaking from personal experience facing smhc and what the fact that Seguin had two guys ejected from the game when they played smhc. As for this year, they won't win district and will lose to Seguin because they aren't fundamentally sound and disciplined on defense.

I do not know any of the coaches from SMHC personally, but I am sure that they are outstanding men like coachbill said and are shaping the young men in a positive way.

yung'en":2of4l8xn said:
Instead of posting from behind the computer, why don't you just call the Coach yourself? I love reading just as much as the next guy. But posting on issues like this in a public forum is low.

I'm sure you're in the district as well. So keep stirring with 25% of the story, and try to ruin some kids eligibility. But I guess if it's on the Internet it has to be true.

Just hate when someone gets on here to blast someones integrity, in this case Coach Rascoe. One of the most stand up guys in the game today.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong at this point, but just hate screen names posting rumors and ripping someones integrity. Be an adult and pick up the phone, or schedule a face to face.

Tyler Sanders
Brazosport Christian

"Stand up guys"...do you know his past? lol

Shortround... Since you say you played smhc last year, & have given your opinion. Then I'm sure you don't mind telling us what game you played them in that casued you to claim them as "punks" ? As far as the 2 ejections against Lifegate, I was present & they were both calls made by officials who saw a "crack" that was deemed "leading with the head" after warnings had already been issued & the second ejection was an angry outburst that ended with "punches" being thrown by only "one player", thus causing the 2nd ejection by the ref. Hard to claim them as "punks" when the officials didn't eject any SMHC players I would say ? Every team has players that come & go each year so I would think it's hard to "label a team" as a certain way after the prior season ended, and a new batch of kids starts a new season. I have also seen these same kids all shake hands, and pray together with these same opponets after hard fought games were over & "move on" in good fellowship. Sounds like a skill the adults could learn from at times it sounds like. Just my opinion though.

I'm not the kind of guy to hurt another man when it comes to providing for his family etc, so I'm not going to put that info out there.

I understand all the paperwork signing but this coach of integrity is also on the athletic executive committee like whatever he wants he's not gonna get as far as tapps is concerned.

I agree BnB do tell or point people in the right direction. Was it while he was at brownwood.

What is the executive committee? Are these the league officials or is it coaches?

Oh and SFA, you never introduced yourself yesterday. We were trying to have a great AA meeting and you screwed us up by not giving an introduction.

Prickly Bear

[email protected]":rbxpskns said:
Shortround... Since you say you played smhc last year, & have given your opinion. Then I'm sure you don't mind telling us what game you played them in that casued you to claim them as "punks" ?

I played in the Freddy vs SMHC game last year. I posted an introduction a couple of months ago, so if you want to know more about me you can look there- the reason I introduced myself is to not be another screen name. If I post something, I'm gonna own up to it. You are right that its hard to label the whole team as "punks" and I should have made my statement clearer. A few of their starters are punk-ish. As for them being gone this year, they're not. They weren't seniors last year, so they are still playing. As for it being a new season, its fair to assume they aren't the same as last year, but I still think that the Seguin v. San Marcos game is going to be a grudge match with quite a few penalties. As for your statement about the seguin players being ejected- I wasn't there of course but usually when punches are thrown like you said, its not all one-sided. Usually one player will say something and another will react in a way they shouldn't. As for teams shaking hands and praying at the end, its TAPPS, what do you expect? Just because they do that at the end of the game doesn't mean they are not punks during the game. Also, just to reiterate, I don't want this to be something that is disrespectful of the SMHC coaches or players (I'm not going to single out a player on this website). I spoke from my experience of how SMHC played last year and seeing that SMHC and Seguin game looked very similar as a dogfight, I said that this years game between Seguin and SMHC will be a grudge match. I hope I clarified things up (If you, or anyone else wants to send me a private message regarding this, feel free to!)

Here is my opinion on the "recruiting" rumors regarding NCTA- If I was playing them, I wouldn't care. I'll have the mentality that I'll beat them whether or not they have some stud. It makes for an even better story if you beat them too. Maybe other teams don't have this mentality, but whenever there is an "undefeated" or "number one team in the state" that I'm playing against, Freddy is gonna play some freddy ball, which is smashmouth, physical, hustle on every play. You went undefeated in district? Great, bring it on! You have the best player in six man? Great bring it on, lets play! No fear, no backing down. What I'm getting at is that teams need to have this mentality of "bring it on"

Back