Local places on the road for good food

High Plains Drifter":3flvowwh said:
It was good and cheap, still brings a tear to my eye when I see the signs, still. Ha Hear is an oldie, "Mexican Grill". You are probably not that old.
Haven't you heard? I'm older than dirt. You ever hear of the Wayside Inn?

Smokey, you and I must have one foot in the grave. Ha Yes, have heard of said establishment. Speaking of old, ever hang out at old Ramada Inn downtown. And in the same mode, ever sing Big Balls in Cowtown while marching down the street. Ha

My memory tends to fade when trying to recall specific incidents such as those, but to answer your question we have probably crossed paths

High Plains Drifter":1lled7te said:
Smokey, you and I must have one foot in the grave. Ha Yes, have heard of said establishment. Speaking of old, ever hang out at old Ramada Inn downtown. And in the same mode, ever sing Big Balls in Cowtown while marching down the street. Ha
more appropriate question ......Who Hasnt?

I used to always stay at the Dunbar East when in town for Stock Show or Roping. A lot of my friends and my wife started saying there were a lot nicer safer places to stay so one year I moved to one of the new motels on the loop.(I think La Quinta) First night I was there I heard what I thought was a car backfiring. Nope they had a driveby and somebody shot the desk clerk. I moved back to the Dunbar.........

uh Pojo, We were talking about the "pearl of the Concho" San Angelo, TX.. Ft.Worth is a whole nother animal. Angelo's BBQ in Ft.Worth or the Cattleman's steakhouse.............mmmmmmmmmmmmm good.

Up In Smoke in Abbott is has some of the best barbecue around. They have their own version of fritopie called Texas Trash.
(for you old-timers, they are in the old turkey shop building)

It's been a while since I've ate there, but the old Dunbar East had as good of steaks as you could find for a fair price 20 years ago. Is it still open? When heading into that part of town, does the PD still stop folks not from the area and do a weapons check of the vehicle? If they don't find one, do they still issue you one and tell you to enjoy your steak?

Since the population limit's been blown for the thread... Didn't know where else to post this, been going to for a while. Read an article about Tolbert's on S. Main in Grapevine. Wondered if anybody on here might have tried it. Used to be one in Dallas, never tried it. It was run by Frank X, the new one by his Daughter. Him & Wick Fowler, are credited with starting the Terilingua Chili Cookoff. I know his recipe called for small squares of chuck. Sounds worth a try if going to the North airport entrance or passing through if you have to. $4.99 a cup,
$7.99 a bowl, $9.99 super bowl. They serve steaks & stuff too.

Old Bearkat":2ee5gdms said:
pojocrusader":2ee5gdms said:
Does anyone like German food??????????????best spot in dfw is EDELWEISS.in Fort Worth

I have not eaten there in years, but it was very good back in the 90's.

In Plano, the Bavarian grill, good food plus about 100 great German beers

Back