Knox City is beast!!

the#1fan

11-man fan
Wow did Knox City played one hell of a game last night! Wilde was all over the field, He was catching passes that i have never seen any high school player catch. It was unreal, it would have been a game i would have hated to miss. i was kind of worried that Knox City wasn't going to come back as good as they were last year, but after last night i believe that Knox City has finally come together as a team who can hold their own against any opponent. Back when i was a football player i dreamed of having as good of game as these boys
had. I can honestly say that their group of seniors are some that will never be forgotten. You will be missed, Wilde, Ledesma, Schnable, Jones, Baker, York, Valimont, Moore, and Harrington! Knox City has some true warriors, Welch has overcome a dislocated elbow and was back on the field playing 2 weeks later! I hope that Baker recovers quickly from his injury from last night. To say the least boys i was amazed!

Really????? Did you forget that you got beat????? Plus, the officiating was horrible, and, if Reed had left his starters in the whole game Knox City would not have even gotten CLOSE. If K C is beast, then what is Throckmorton?

The game between Throckmorton and Knox City friday night was very legit, as ususal the score board has the final say. Throckmorton Greyhound played awsome game contiune to stay strong as a TEAM and keep your HEAD held high and keep your FAITH strong and we will be at STATE before you know it.

Im not too sure that this guy isnt a player or parent from knox city.. your team is 4-5. pretty beast. Throckmorton is a great offenseive football team. but deffense isnt all there. as well as knox city. If Knox City could have stoped the dump off passes it would have been a way better game. Their gonna have a tough time getting passed Zepher and Walnut Springs to get a rematch with throckmorton. And Throckmorton has a good chance to go to state but their deffense is gonna have to step up before they do it. because Zepher, Walnut, and Aquilla all have a tough Offense and a very strong deffense. Im not too sure that Throcks deffense can stop some of those offenses. But Those 3 teams are going to have a TOUGH time stoping the throckmorton Offense. Good luck bulldogs.

I agree Throckmorton's defense is suspect, could very well keep them from returning to state game again. Maybe they will turn it around in playoffs.

I agree. Knox City is beast. Definitely better than their 4-5 record shows. So what if it is a kid or parent from KC, nothing wrong with being proud of your team. Throckmorton was a 45 point favorite and KC kept up with them. Anybody that takes KC lightly will be in for a surprise, especially now that they are healthy. If they get Zephyr in the first round, which is likely, that will be my game to go watch. is that #4 one of the seniors? I sure hope so, lol.

I predicted that the game would be better than the spread. Knox City is a better team than their record indicates. They will be a formidable opponent in the playoffs.

yes they will be. but their gonna have a VERY tough run in the playoffs. look at their first 3 games. In the bi-district game they have. unbeaten Zepher, 2 round a multi weapon walnut springs team. third round a rematch with throckmorton, fourth round aquilla or abbott.

its not gonna be a very easy state run for ANY of these teams listed above..

I believe throck will have their defense straightened out by then & with a better officiating crew, throck will handle the knoxcity greyhounds with ease.

So everyone from Throck thinks the officiating was bad. Interesting, because Knox City had more penalty yards then Throck. It was a great game, the only difference was the first quarter(30-8). Knox City will also be better the next time they play if it works out for both teams. Good Luck to both Greyhounds.

hornkeeper12":4hibgo8n said:
the1&only":4hibgo8n said:
Well the penaltys for knoxcity were called because they were committed and should have been called as they were.
But not Throckmorton, they don't commit penalties?

The teams I root for are never guilty of any rules infractions. Also, the zebras never throw a well deserved flag against the other team. They let the opposition get away with murder. :)

oldfat&bald":1p96plrd said:
hornkeeper12":1p96plrd said:
the1&only":1p96plrd said:
Well the penaltys for knoxcity were called because they were committed and should have been called as they were.
But not Throckmorton, they don't commit penalties?

The teams I root for are never guilty of any rules infractions. Also, the zebras never throw a well deserved flag against the other team. They let the opposition get away with murder. :)
I think it's a government conspiracy against us.

Back