Itz overrated, but he still deserves it.

Goob

Six-man fan
Yew knowd, the most hyped piece of crap iz the Heisman Trophy. But havin' said that, I must say that it outta go to one Colt McCoy. Now, thiz ain't jest cuz I am a fan of them Longhorns, itz cuz the dang kid haz done won more games than any uther qb in college history. I knowd itz jest fer the year kind of award, but c'mon, yew gonna give the dang thang to people yew ain't never heard of until thiz last four weeks? He may not git it, but he deserves it.

Am a huge UT and Colt fan, but will be shocked if he wins it. It will probably go to Ingram, but who knows, maybe the voters want to shock the nation Saturday night.

disagree... you are not the most outstanding player in the country when you get the ball once in the last 23+ minutes in a game where your team is trailing and you are sitting the bench while another back gets the ball repeatedly...

I thought Suh or Gerhart.

Not saying Ingram is a bad guy or anything, just not the most outstanding player in the country.

I wanted gerhart to win it, but wasn't disappointed in Ingram winning it-agree with granger about the best player in the nation, that would probably be C.J. Spiller who they pulled off for Suh even though he had a 230+ yd game against Ga. Tech and almost beat them by himself to go to a BCS game.

But it ultimately came down to Ingram performances against SEC defenses. You put him in Stanford and the Pac-10 and we would have seen a 2000 yd rusher with over 30 tds. That is just my opinion.

They say the Heisman was won/lost in the last two games:

Interesting factoid about Ingram vs. McCoy
Mark Ingram had fewer yards rushing in the final two games of the season than Colt McCoy.
McCoy (175 vs. A&M and -20 vs. Nebraska for 155 yds) vs. Ingram (30 vs. Auburn and 113 vs. Florida for 143 yards)

For Ingram to do what he did in the SEC is amazing. I may be eating my words in January, but the SEC defenses are better than advertised. The next three players dominated in surprisingly weak conferences. SEC defenses make good offenses evaporate.

Plus it was the closest Heisman race ever, and rightly so. I think Ingram was the best choice, but the bowl games will be the ultimate decider like the 2006 Rose Bowl.

Dang, DDS, you can get a job with a national news service. Mention SEC (and yes, Big 12 was down) and they salivate (rinse and spit). Through in Norte Dame and USC and you have the teams that make their hearts throb. How is the heck did Golden Tate win the award for receiver? If he had played somewhere other than ND, he doesn't win. If both teams had not sucked, the media would have had Norte Dame and USC playing for national championship. Grrrr, hacks me off.

Graham Harrell and Sam Bradford":372ai7sc said:
Yeah, the SEC can play some defense. Too bad it actually took us losing our bowl games before we could realize this point.

Golden Tate was the de facto winner of the Biletnikoff award, because Dez Bryant decided to be an idiot. And I hate the gold-domers, BTW.

There were only 2 defensive units in the SEC that were in the top 10 nationally (Alabama and Florida). And Ingram didnt have to rush against Alabama's defence. Terrible choice for the heisman. Toby runs in a conference whos best pac 10 defence in ranked 12 (arizona st). Colt played in a conference which has 3 teams ranked in the top 10 (texas, oklahoma, nebraska). Now he didn't play against his defense, but oklahoma and nebraska are tuff. If sue would have gotten the award, there would be no complaints here. But Warren Sapp said it best, "There is a reason the heisman trophy has a ball tucked under his arm. It's an offensive award, you have to do something pretty special on defense to get this award".

How did McCoy do against those two defenses? Ingram destroyed Florida's defense, so that argument doesn't hold water IMO. Look at Ingram's performances against ranked teams.

If Daniel McCoy would have had the same season this year that he had in 2008, then he would have taken the Heisman. I'm not saying that Ingram was the only deserving player, just the most deserving on that day.

Maybe Floridas defense is not that good, over-hyped black and blue conference. Not saying colt should have won, but surely not ingram. Who is the best player in college, who is the most important player on their team. It's not ingram, bama could rush for just as much yards without him and still be 13-0. Not sure if gilbert could do what colt does for his team and be 13-0. Heisman is not given to the best college football player, just the best hyped player. Just like 2005.

bubbasr49":2v4kqp7n said:
Maybe Floridas defense is not that good, over-hyped black and blue conference. Not saying colt should have won, but surely not ingram. Who is the best player in college, who is the most important player on their team. It's not ingram, bama could rush for just as much yards without him and still be 13-0. Not sure if gilbert could do what colt does for his team and be 13-0. Heisman is not given to the best college football player, just the best hyped player. Just like 2005.

Well the AP named Suh the POY (Gerhart 2nd), and I think it was a good choice. The problem with the Heisman (and politics too) is that people choose sides first, then subjectively examine facts that seem to support their decision.

The absolute best two football players in the FBS this year were Suh and C.J. Spiller in that order.

Back