Is Strawn overrated?

Is strawn over rated. Well let’s see who’s going to beat them out of the playoffs this year nobody. Strawn faced the top 5 teams in D1 and gave them hell. Would like to see any other team even dare take the schedule strawn did. Strawn wins out easy and gets another title. Garden city not not good, it will be melean and Milford in title game and mclean will see what a good spread u out team looks like. Milford stays heathy they win it all

Mexican Englishman":28wvhfzx said:
I think the topic should be changed to, Is Milford overrated? #3 ranked Milford beat Oakwood by 15 points. Calvert beat Oakwood by 11 points. #4 ranked Coolidge beat Calvert this week and #9 ranked Union Hill beat Oakwood by 48 points. I think Coolidge and Union Hill should be ranked above Milford and probably a few other teams also.

That's not how it works in football. These teams aren't the same week in and week out. Every team matches up differently with eachother. That's why trying to compare scores with common opponents is meaningless.

Ares":won8k8t1 said:
Mexican Englishman":won8k8t1 said:
I think the topic should be changed to, Is Milford overrated? #3 ranked Milford beat Oakwood by 15 points. Calvert beat Oakwood by 11 points. #4 ranked Coolidge beat Calvert this week and #9 ranked Union Hill beat Oakwood by 48 points. I think Coolidge and Union Hill should be ranked above Milford and probably a few other teams also.

That's not how it works in football. These teams aren't the same week in and week out. Every team matches up differently with eachother. That's why trying to compare scores with common opponents is meaningless.
Explain how it works then if you cannot use common oppenents. By opinion?

Ares":1f76ir73 said:
Mexican Englishman":1f76ir73 said:

That is true that every team matches up differently with each other. But the part that isn’t figured in is that the teams can match up very differently every week. A team can begin the season highly ranked and win a few games. Then can lose a top player or two to injury or some other catastrophe, lose a game to a low ranked team, and drop 40 or more points in the rankings. Then, the top player or players can return and the team is just as good as ever before, but they have a very hard time regaining the ranking points that were dropped with the loss.
Ranking doesn’t mean much because it will work itself out in the end for those teams. Imo

The rankings show to be pretty good Strawn is good and the two teams that are better than Strawn as proven on the field are ranked ahead of them..

All about the truth":1ojvop73 said:
Is strawn over rated. Well let’s see who’s going to beat them out of the playoffs this year nobody. Strawn faced the top 5 teams in D1 and gave them hell. Would like to see any other team even dare take the schedule strawn did. Strawn wins out easy and gets another title. Garden city not not good, it will be melean and Milford in title game and mclean will see what a good spread u out team looks like. Milford stays heathy they win it all
Garden City not not good? Well clearly they’re better than Strawn! And the only reason your bashing GC and McLean is because they beat you and your a sore loser. Milford a good spread you out team... well GC showed Strawn what a good spread does and took that win.

Mexican Englishman":161fbsru said:
Ares":161fbsru said:
Mexican Englishman":161fbsru said:

Explain how it works then if you cannot use common oppenents. By opinion?

Sorry it took a while to answer. The reason I say it doesn't work like that, is because you are comparing the scores here. But the scores don't tell you how the games were played. Just because you blowout a common opponent, it doesn't mean you're better than the other team. Every game is played differently. You could have a penalty/turnover free game one week. Then the next game you may have 3 turnovers and 50+ yards of penalties. Or some injuries happen. All of which can effect the outcome of a game.

51eleven":1u0uss2d said:
Mexican Englishman":1u0uss2d said:

Beat me to it. Oakwood's now 3-3 after getting 45'd by U Hill. Nobody's talking about that. Strawns been beat by the # 1 & 2 D1 teams in the state by a combined 44 points. Kudos again to GC but some are saying the Hounds shot themselves in the foot last night. And some are even saying the ref's helped them do that. No excuses.

Oakwood hasn’t had their whole team together yet because of injuries and supsensions. Supposedly had whole team last night and beat up Avalon. Don’t let the record fool you. The only team in region 4 that can play with them is Calvert and completely healthy, Oakwood beats them. Oakwood has more speed than anyone in that region and have a lot of size on defense. So I wouldn’t put much stock into the losses. They played with 6 and sometimes five against Milford, had two starters out against Calvert, and suited out 9 against Union Hill.

I'm happy at the moment UT Beat ut north.

Back