How's Bloomburg?

How-to-make-a-wooden-spoon-the-viking-way.jpg

ANY Information would be helpful. We play Bloomburg next week in Texarkana, Texas. I heard that had a good spreadback.

Coach Johnson
Head Football Coach
The Fulton School

I'm not making excuses for our team...... We have been plagued with injuries this year. Our first game, one of our boys broke his hand, his playing in a padded cast. Our second game one of our boys broke his collar bone, and is out for the rest of the season. Our boys are still in the learning stage, but are improving. They have heart and determination. They realize they are up against teams that are bigger and have been playing longer, and they still get out there with their heads held high and play. We have been beaten pretty bad a couple of games and came up short by 2 points in our second game of the season. I am proud of our boys and as long as they are having fun and enjoying playing football that is all that matters.

God bless everyone and I'll
see ya across the field.

You're right Mom!
That's a great attitude to have!
I'm glad someone out thata way
is also on here.
It does take years to really get going,
and it helps when they come into
the season in their best condition
because they were working out like monsters
all summer.

Our boys are enjoying football ! They are a lot better with the "round ball" but, that is because most have played it since 1st or 2nd grade.
Yes, our boys were working out in the heat this summer, I didn't like it much, I thought they should've started earlier. But I watched a practice or two and saw that they were stopping for water breaks every 20-30 minutes and the coaches put on the pads to play with them I was OK with it.

God bless everyone and
I'll see ya across the field.

6manfootballmom":29wcm3vr said:
Our boys are enjoying football ! They are a lot better with the "round ball" but, that is because most have played it since 1st or 2nd grade.
Yes, our boys were working out in the heat this summer, I didn't like it much, I thought they should've started earlier. But I watched a practice or two and saw that they were stopping for water breaks every 20-30 minutes and the coaches put on the pads to play with them I was OK with it.

God bless everyone and

From what I saw in our game, Bloomburg has a bright future in six-man. It takes a LONG time to build up a successful program, starting with a junior high program teaching the right fundamentals. Not focused on the wins, but focused on building the basic fundamentals of six-man football. The varsity kids you guys have are fighters, and that is going to bleed down eventually. Tell your kids not to get discouraged. It just takes ALOT of blood, sweat, and tears. Take it from someone whose 1st two years saw 1 win and 19 losses...the fruit of your kids, coaches, administrators, and parents labor won't be seen now, but in 3-4 years when the program gets some legs and starts to really run. Your kids now won't see it, but when they come back for Homecoming in 10 years, they'll be proud of the program they helped establish.

While the facility Bloomburg rents is beautiful in Pleasant Grove, I think your community will really embrace the game if you get a field in town. From what I've seen from the public school teams we've played over the years, it's as much about the community as it is about the game being played. I think you all will only flourish if you guys are able to get a field where the entire community can come out and cheer you guys on.

Best of luck getting that first win! We'll see you guys next year in Heath!

Matt Burgy
Def. Coordinator/Head of School
The Fulton School in Heath

Thank you for the kind words FalconCoach.
We have people looking into finding enough space on our campus for a football field, without taking the baseball field. The folks around here seem to be more interested in watching the neighboring 11 man teams (one of which, won state a couple of years ago) than our 6 man. I'm hoping our little team can change their minds and have more community support. You're right we NEED our own field, that would be a start.

God bless and

i love seeing bloomburg play football. They have such an amazing team. This team plays real football.... Oh wait my bad they have 0-6 record... ok they have a terrible team and noone wants to watch them play. Its really an embarrasment to the game of football.

SIXMAN WATCHER 1352":3qpnv428 said:
i love seeing bloomburg play football. They have such an amazing team. This team plays real football.... Oh wait my bad they have 0-6 record... ok they have a terrible team and noone wants to watch them play. Its really an embarrasment to the game of football.
You know it's more embarrassing to simply offer nonconstructive criticism. I doubt that the players parents are embarrassed and if they are maybe they need to re-examine their priorities.

Back