How far will Aquilla go?

CowboyP

Six-man expert
Can Aquilla do as well as last year, will they make it to the state game, or will they be beaten out early?
IMO, this will be Aquilla's year. Although they don't have the speed of last year, they seem to have a better all-around team. Prepare yourselves, because this will be the year of the Cougar!

I've been wanting to do that for a long time.... just waiting for the right opportunity. I knew you would take it in the vein it was intended.

year of the cougars huh? that great calvert team they just beat got 45d by strawn the week before, no offence but this cougar team needs some growing up before they even got a chance in the playoffs, the second half of the calvert game didnt look like a state team to me, all i saw was sloppy, undisciplined, unconditioned players, your dreamin hard cowboy, must have a son on that team

letsgobulldogs":2f683qsa said:
year of the cougars huh? that great calvert team they just beat got 45d by strawn the week before, no offence but this cougar team needs some growing up before they even got a chance in the playoffs, the second half of the calvert game didnt look like a state team to me, all i saw was sloppy, undisciplined, unconditioned players, your dreamin hard cowboy, must have a son on that team
You're right on several points. They are still a little sloppy. They do need to grow as a team. They are improving & will be a playoff force. And yes I do have a son on the team, #54. You know the one, got an interception, knocked down a pass, got approx 10 tackles...

they do have potential, they are fast, they have a big line, but stamina is a big factor in six man, you have to be a good second half team to go far, and thats not what i saw, all im saying is theres a difference in calling yourself a state team and being a state team, you can walk around saying it and giving your team a big head all u want, but its what u do on the feild that matters, and well see what happens when the cougs face a team thats worth their salt

Dogface":1frhchap said:
Your son
has one of the best
Teacher/Coaches in the state.
Oh, and where is he from??
That's right STRAWN!!!
Dogface, don't have a heart attack, I actually agree with you.
I respect Hinkson & IMO, Aquilla's current coaching staff is the
best they have ever had.

yea i agree i kno the Coopers and I didnt get along real well last year, but i agree Aquilla does prolly have the best coaching staff there ever has been in aquilla, the Coopers coming over really set a fire under our defensive side of the ball and have been a wreckin crew ever since, and also gettin better!!!! And not to leave out Coach Hinkson he is still young but knows what he is talkin bout, and is only growin as a head coach and has what it takes to be one of the greats if he keeps it up! Keep it up cougars 4-0, dont get a big head bout that tho because those four wins dont have a say so in the hunt for a state title!!!

The question should be, how far will Abbott go? I think Aquilla will have a tough time making the playoffs. This is a tough district. But Abbott is the clear favorite; too much speed and great blocking!

Back