High Island?

And I shall sit here and eat thy crow with a side of humble pie. I bow to thee great Richland Springs. Went ahead and made the trek from Austin to watch and it was a clinic. Major props to those kids and the coaching staff. Well oiled machine is an understatement.

On the High Island side it seemed like a lot of those kids were overwhelmed by the fact they were playing RS. Only two kids who looked like they came to play and weren't caught up in the moment was #1, the Rodriguez kid and #8 the QB, Zach Bronkhorst.

I shall shut up now and return to my plate.

Yew knowd, I done hate to tell yew thiz but we wuz a lil flat. Whut done looked like well-oiled done looked like sum half-hind ending to uz.

Goob said:
Yew knowd, I done hate to tell yew thiz but we wuz a lil flat. Whut done looked like well-oiled done looked like sum half-hind ending to uz.[/quote

Better get aired up. Playoff's are coming soon.

EaglePrideFan":53kgk0v0 said:
Just wait and see. Richland Springs hasn't faced a group of skill players this season like they are about to face. They will get everyone's attention after this weekend.

You know, I was glad to see that group of skill players that came out to face RS. The RS JV didn't get to schedule a game for this week, so they got in some good playing time against that group of skill players. Great experience for the youngsters.

Goob":1encos9i said:
Yew knowd, I done hate to tell yew thiz but we wuz a lil flat. Whut done looked like well-oiled done looked like sum half-hind ending to uz.

First, Goob, it sure was an underwhelming pleasure to meet you yesterday. I was kinda expecting to see some old geezer. But that was just me in the mirror ...

My good friend, Jerry Burkhart, must suffer from that same disease that affects many of my football coaching friends. They are calm, good natured, and affable gentlemen away from the field, but they sure like to scream and yell on the sidelines. I think it's a reaction caused by field paint. During the game, I think after a kick off, Jerry yells something like "I don't care what the scoreboard says but that's not good fundamental football."

What amazed me was that all the (many) RS fans seated in the bleachers fell silent, like he was yelling at them, too.

After seeing H.I play San Marcos and seeing H.I play Richland Springs they were not the same team at all. Against San Marcos they brought it to them every down. They were physical and looked like they had a purpose. Against Richland Springs they looked scared, and like they didn't even want to be there. It's a shame because if H.I would have showed up, I don't believe they would have won but I do believe it would have went 4 quarters. At the end of the day Richland Springs did Richland Springs and H.I chocked. Cudos to Richland Springs

It may be unfair to say HI choked just as it is unfair to liken San Marcos to RS...... If you compare the power ratings of the 2 schools, you can see there is a rather large difference in the 2 teams ( roughly 122 points ) I feel it is unfair to HI to say they choked based on that argument

The difference in the two teams is night and day I agree. But that doesn't take away from the fact that H.I didn't play physical like I've seen them do, it looked like they were running from RS. So in my opinion at least, they either choked or their not as good as they claim to be. They have potential from what I've seen Richland Springs just may be to good...

Back