Angelo State QB from High Island!

T-boneisGood

Six-man fan

I was looking at the ASU football page and ran across this. Is this young man from the High Island currently in 6 man? Or is he from another HS named High Island? I think if it is the High Island we know, he would have been there when they played 11man. Regardless, it would be fun if he is from a small school either way.

I was looking at the ASU football page and ran across this. Is this young man from the High Island currently in 6 man? Or is he from another HS named High Island? I think if it is the High Island we know, he would have been there when they played 11man. Regardless, it would be fun if he is from a small school either way.
He did play 6man at High Island.

Very fun stuff here. ASU bumped from number 2 to number 1 in the nation after beating the number 15 Texas A&I Kingsville 34-7. So among Division II College Football teams the number 1 team in the nation has a former 6-man player as their QB! I am finding this exciting.

His proud father made a post here last April https://sixmanfootball.com/threads/former-six-man-qb-excelling-in-college.33399/

Last edited:

Very fun stuff here. ASU bumped from number 2 to number 1 in the nation after beating the number 14 Texas A&I Kingsville 34-7. So among Division II College Football teams the number 1 team in the nation has a former 6-man player as their QB! I am finding this exciting.
Agreed!

Zach has done very well for himself. He worked his tail off to get to this point. He has started 26 games for the Rams and is now #5 on their all time passing list. He has represented to six-man community very well and talks to a number of six-man kids about playing in college.
I have been listening and looking at the live stats at work and I’m very happy he’s the qb. His off games are still good performances. Hopefully he can lead my Alma mater to the championship

Just wanted to send out a quick dad brag now that the regular season is over. Angelo State finished the season at 11-0 and won the LSC outright for the first time since 1984 and finished undefeated for the first time since 1978.

Zach finished the season:
1st in the LSC in passing:
2102 yards in conference and 2508 yards overall
1st in the LSC in TDs thrown:
19 TDs 4 INTs in conference and 21 TDs 6 INTs overall
1st in the LSC in QB Efficiency:
145.7 in conference and 137.5 overall

Angelo State is ranked #2 nationally and #1 in Super Region 4. They will receive Bye in their opening Round of the NCAA D2 Playoffs and will host throughout the playoffs.

Not too bad for a six-man kid from High Island, Texas. He has represented the six-man community well.

If he doesn’t get the D2 MVP, I’d be surprised. Glad they get a bye week so the team can heal up. The one about the team and Bronkhorst is that if you can’t beat the Rams in the 3rd qtr, good game but better luck next time.

Here’s the Div II playoff bracket. With ASU hosting, many Central West Texas people could make the games.

Looks like 3 wins will put ASU and Zach in the National Championship scheduled at McKinney HS in Texas.

Last edited:
Angelo State won their NCAA D2 Second Round playoff game 33-7 over #4 seed Bemidji (MN) State. Zach threw for 337 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs in the win. The Rams host #2 seed Colorado School of Mines next Saturday.

Angelo State won their NCAA D2 Second Round playoff game 33-7 over #4 seed Bemidji (MN) State. Zach threw for 337 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs in the win. The Rams host #2 seed Colorado School of Mines next Saturday.
Heck yeah baby! I might be able to make this next game.
Thank you for the update.

Back