High Island?

Goob

Six-man fan
Jest whut in the blue blazes of Hades iz a High Island? Iz that there on of them compounds where they sample that Arkansas Polio Weed?

I' m going to. I'll be passing through there next month on vacation on my way to Galveston.
Until I saw it on a map I never knew they had Sixman Football right on the coast in east Texas.
Apparently pretty good football right now.

They are playing really good football. Not many are paying attention to them but all they've done is take care of their business.

Beat San Marcos Hill Country 62-46 when they were double digit underdogs
Beat Katy Faith West 46-0
Beat Orange Community Christian 45-0
Beat Lake Jackson Brazosport 88-42

They play really good physical defense and have one of the most explosive offenses in six-man. I'm not saying they will beat Richland Springs this week, but I believe they test them for 4 quarters.

texmac68":3gulw1kx said:
By the end if the 1st quarter the test will be over.

As big a test as you can face. RS is solid but high island is a complete team. Pass, run, spread. It will not be over in the 1st quarter. I think they make 2nd half no problem. Teams from the south will put a helmet on you. If your not physical you will get beat down by high island. They wore out SMHC. Good luck to both squads.

I think High Island's offense will give RS fits and they will put on more points than has been scored on them in total this season (not saying much), but they will have to shoot it out with RS to make a win possible

While they have 45'd 3 of 4 opponent's the case could be made that their opponents were not top 10 UIL.
They should learn from the experience, may they give their best effort. Good luck on making the 3rd or 4th quarter. If they go in thinking about being 4-0, and who they have beat by how much it'll be over by the half.
They need the confidence from those games to have a chance for the 3rd or 4th but if they don't come in focused on RS, blocking and tackling...draw your own conclusions.
Does anyone know where this game is. Here and LSF both still say TBD.

Leman Saunders":om6lnqda said:
I think High Island's offense will give RS fits and they will put on more points than has been scored on them in total this season (not saying much), but they will have to shoot it out with RS to make a win possible

Leman, that line of thought makes for conversation, but you know within reason that is not the way that it is going to be. In your heart, you should know that Richland Springs' Defense will give High Island fits!

Just wait and see. Richland Springs hasn't faced a group of skill players this season like they are about to face. They will get everyone's attention after this weekend.

It is surely sounding like this one will be a real barn burner! Now if we just knew where the game will be played, we might be able to make some travel plans

I love the confidence and team pride, EaglesPrideFan, but this is Richland Springs, not Faith West Academy. I'd love to see them make a game of it but, they don't have a snowball's chance in hell.

There is no doubt I'm a blatant homer of High Island. I understand that RS isn't Faith West but HI isn't Austin Hill Country either.

Have you watched High Island play a game this year? I know the Cardinals have only played this great game of six-man football for 5 years now, but they play very good football and a lot of people don't pay attention to them because they are way down in SE Texas.

People will pay attention to them after this weekend.

Back