Guaranteed the most accurate ranking values

To say the 2 best teams
aren't in the championship game
at years end
is like sayint the Refs lost the game for us!
Wah, wah.
That don't make no sense!
It's the most obvious evidence
we have.
All else is suspect, conjecture, bias, etc.

I beg to differ with ya joe1.

Dogface":2xv6pe8y said:
To say the 2 best teams
aren't in the championship game
at years end
is like sayint the Refs lost the game for us!
Wah, wah.
That don't make no sense!
It's the most obvious evidence
we have.
All else is suspect, conjecture, bias, etc.

I beg to differ with ya joe1.

I think you can say the championship game pits the best team from the west against the best team from the east. There have been many years when the best two teams in the state met on the same side of the bracket. Historically, it's been the East, but this year the West is loaded.

But one thing is for sure, you go undefeated in December, and you are the best team in the state.

Good Point!!!

And,
by agreeing with me,
you have just elevated yourself up to:
"More than just Drivel" status!!!!
Congrats!!!!!
You're awesome!!!!!!
I love you, Man!

Holy bouncing bags of batcrap, Batman! RainyDayWoman just posted something that made sense. Often times geography keeps the two best teams out of the Championship. By far and hands down, GC & BC were the the two best DI teams last year. They met in the second round of the playoffs. And guess what? It happens. No sense in crying about it.

oldfat&bald":225ph5iy said:
Holy bouncing bags of batcrap, Batman! RainyDayWoman just posted something that made sense. Often times geography keeps the two best teams out of the Championship. By far and hands down, GC & BC were the the two best DI teams last year. They met in the second round of the playoffs. And guess what? It happens. No sense in crying about it.

IMHO, the top 3 teams in D1 last year were GC, BC, and Throck.

[using your logic please place these teams]

Using my "logic" I stand by my previous statements. The two best teams will be presented their divisions trophy at the end of the Championship games.
You're wanting mr to rank the teams. My initial point in this thread was to stop all the heartache in the RANKINGS wait til December and the two teams winning the Championship games will be #1 in their respective division the losing teams will be #2.
Yup. Seems "logical" to me.

if you dont like the rankings why do you get involved with the thread?? just move on. rankings has little to do with who will win the state game. the chances of the best two teams in the state being in separate brackets is not likely. i agree the best two teams last year was gc and bc... it was disappointing because the year before it was trock and gc.. and t rock gave it away by taking the best player off the field and gc scored each time. last year bc makes some errors that cost them the game gc was not on their A game but they did take advantage and won the game .. over all i would say gc has done a better job than most of their opponents in the errors not made catagory. coach jones and his staff put their team in a place to win even when i think they might not have been as good or it might be they just were not on their A game

Never once have I complained about the rankings. I enjoy the rankings and the inevitable belly aching from all you folks who put so much emphasis on it.
The name of this thread is "Guaranteed the most accurate ranking values". My point (valid point) was that to end all the belly aching wait til December and the two best teams (ie Division Champions) will be ranked #1 and the second place teams will be ranked #2. That is the most accurate ranking. It will be how the teams are ranked when the last games are played and we are all sittin round twiddlin our thumbs waitin for Granger and Pete to come out with RANKINGS for the the next year so we can start this whole argument over again....

AND if "rankings has little to do with who will win the state game", what is the point of ranking in the first place?
Am I missing something? Do teams set out to see who can be ranked highest and not go all the way to State and win?
If so, things have really changed since I was a Lil Greyhound (Throck).

.dog face,
if you look at the basketball playoffs you can see how they are more appt to have the better teams advance than that of a single elimination system. do you agree? then you would have a better chance of the best from the west meeting for the final game

Prolly but,
If we were shooting a round of golf
and each got 2 strokes per shot...
You could extrapolate this out to no end.

I have no say but,
a double elim. FB platoff bracket
would definitely have its pros/cons.

Yes it is an exercise. An exercise in futility. Much like this conversation. I concede to you kbjoe. May your team always be ranked #1. Even if they do not win. Now, back to my bubble....

that’s why we get to play with the rankings cause we have know way to know 100% sure who is 1st, 5th, 19th, 55th. i just want them to play have fun learn to work as a team and to realize that with hard work, lots of practice, being there for your teammates that you can win even when everyone else may say you cant

oh i hope someday they have the opportunity to be number one, as i do for each child who competes in life but more important that they are the best that they can be!!

Back