Goobs xpurt medical Care discussion forum

51eleven":hcww79ix said:
"did ya ever notice how many friends ya got when you have lots of pain meds, free beer, or everclear?"
Exactly where are you stayin in Dallas Pete? Been thinkin I might try to get away and visit personally. No wonder CP came to visit. Everclear don't mean Goob's stayin there does it?
Goob isn't staying there yet. He's waiting for the insurance company to approve him as Pete's primary care physician.

Medical advice is a lot like financial advice, when I get those calls from someone who has the greatest stock tip I ask, how come you have to work for a living if you so smart?

With medical advice the question to the doctor is "would you recommend this if I didn't have insurance?"

Ah! True Words from a possibly medically induced state.
The Doctors and the insurance companies.
At least the Doctors take that hippocritical oath thing.
The insurance co's don't have an oath other than maximize stockhoders roi.

I almost never puke. Full stomach, or empty - I just dry heave. It's like the most intense ab workout ever. Odlly enough it's not a digestive issue. It's a sinus drainage issue. The only remedy I've found is to use a neti pot. But I don't use it very often because it so dang awkward to operate.

But I'm a loud puker. Really loud. When my daughter hears me preaching to the bathroom sink, she knows it's about time to leave for school.

Well, since this is Goob's forum by decree of the author FajihitaPete I defer to them for advice.
Goob, Pete, can ya help this feller?

For my part,
Some of the Indians used to build sweat lodges for sinus problems.
I used to go to a sauna at school, that helped.
The bathroom sauna might help. Run the hot water a few minutes to get the hot water heater going. Then stop up the tub and run it 1/2 full of cold water. Let that run out. Turn the shower on hot as you can stand it.

Fer stuff that needs to be popped and yew jest can't reach it: done back up to a barb wire fence and waller yur back round and round.

Fer jock itch: oil of peppermint, will cure and done lengthen yur stride as yew run like wild dog fer the nearest creek to squat in.

Fer sinus: snortin' salt water reely iz the best.

Man,...... there really are doctors on this forum. Next time something is bothering me.......... not sure I want to bring it here. LOL

You know....... your right! After seeing all the advice given from all the various threads here, this forum provides a valuable service to any who truly want good advice.

oldfat&bald":29hbrhml said:
CowboyP":29hbrhml said:
Just think - we haven't started giving marriage advice yet!

As many times as some of you guys have been married, y'all should be able to know how to do it right now.
That's my point! We're experienced & can give good advice.
Examples:
Good idea: if you get to pick the wedding date, choose August 31. You'll always remember it because that's the day your hunting & fishing license expires.
Bad idea: telling your wife you picked that day because you were worried about forgetting your anniversary but you knew you'd never forget to get another license...

CowboyP":3p0rgb7z said:
51eleven":3p0rgb7z said:
Why do I wake up in the morning with gunk in my eyes?
I don't think I should post my first thought...
Ok, I'll answer my own question.
That crusty stuff is just dried tears. Tear glands constantly water your eyes to flush out irritants. "While your awake blinking wipes them away before they can build up" "When your asleep they accumulate in the corners" No known cure for this ailment.

Why do I get goose bumps during scary movies?

There is something to picking that unforgettable day for an anniversary. My wife picked New Years Eve, smart woman. It has kept me out of trouble a lot of years!

oldfat&bald":2o41wzso said:
51eleven":2o41wzso said:
Why do I get goose bumps during scary movies?

Rainjack would say because you're a wuss.

Well if he new what he was talking about he'd say:

"They are produced by piloerection, a reflex that contracts the muscles around the base of each hair folicle causing the hair to stand up (and small bumps to emerge)". Back when humans were harrier it had two benefits, warmth and looking bigger (scarier). "A Horror Flick in an air conditioned theater provides the perfect setup for plioerection."

Why do my fingers and toes wrinkle in water?

Back