Do we know yet it Gorman or Mt. Calm are any good?

One thing for sure, is that if Gorman is going to be a contender, they can't let mediocre teams score 46 points on them.
I haven't seen Mt. Calm play this year, but with their super receiver still there, they must be lacking in the passing department.

Mexican Englishman":23ldqd5d said:
Be careful criticizing Mt. Calm, Satcher is considered as a coaching God on this website.
Really? By whom? But the question remains are they any good? Thought they were a contender. At least that's what I've read here

They're both still good. Contender status remains to be determined. At this point in the season most of those who 45 most or all of their remaining opponents Might be considered contenders.

Gorman hasn't seemed to figure out defense yet. Allowing lots of points and went the distance with a Loeta team that was crushed by Cherokee. Curious to see if they figure this out.

For Mt. Calm-
Still super early in the season. Quarterback is young and inexperienced on the varsity level, team will get much better as the year goes on.

B6MF":14nb59ya said:
For Mt. Calm-
Still super early in the season. Quarterback is young and inexperienced on the varsity level, team will get much better as the year goes on.
Is it too early in the season to say the seats in Mt. Calm might be getting a little hot? Are the faithful getting a little restless? The past three years they have been supposed contenders.

Gorman, Conteder.
Mt Calm, Pretender.
The real question should be about the undefeated Aquilla Cougars and the Penelope Wolverines. Are they foreal?????????

90sLegend":2j780j44 said:
Gorman, Conteder.
Mt Calm, Pretender.
The real question should be about the undefeated Aquilla Cougars and the Penelope Wolverines. Are they foreal?????????

Mt Calm plays 3-0 Penelope and 3-0 Aquilla plays Avalon So we should know alot about Aquilla/Penelope after this week.
I say Aquilla and Abbott will battle for that district title.

My guess is Mt Calm was hit really hard with graduation or injuries and Gorman is REAL offensively but may need to get a handle on the defensive sided of the ball

Avalon and Aquila will be a good one! And if Penelope beats Mt Calm, then i pick them to win there district... looking at there schedule they could be undefeated going into the playoffs.

90sLegend":3uwty7ld said:
Avalon and Aquila will be a good one! And if Penelope beats Mt Calm, then i pick them to win there district... looking at there schedule they could be undefeated going into the playoffs.

Well, 90sLegend, if you are saying it then it must be a fact. Let's go ahead a cancel the rest of the games for the other team in that district and just let Aquilla and Penelpoe play for 1st and 2nd. I'm sure once they realize that it was proclaimed by "90sLegend" then they will feel obligated to do thier part to fullfill the prophecy.

BigCzech":2wnk340u said:
90sLegend":2wnk340u said:

Well, 90sLegend, if you are saying it then it must be a fact. Let's go ahead a cancel the rest of the games for the other team in that district and just let Aquilla and Penelpoe play for 1st and 2nd. I'm sure once they realize that it was proclaimed by "90sLegend" then they will feel obligated to do thier part to fullfill the prophecy.
Me making my pick dosent mean anything, Yes practices still need to be held and games still have to be played... but when Abbott is at home after week 11 and penelopeis traveling somewhere to play a playoff game, just know that i had the "you know what" to call it way back i september.

I honestly think Abbott's strength of schedule (preseason) will have them ready for district play. I took a look at Penelopes' and Aquillas' preseason schedule and if Abbott played that schedule, They'd be 3-0 or 2-1.

If my memory serves me correct, Abbott ALWAYS starts slow and starts to JELL during district.

Abbott win this district and Aquilla gets 2nd

Pen has played Cranfills Gap, Bynum, Morgan
Aqu has played Covington, walnut springs, Mt Calm

[/quote]My guess is Mt Calm was hit really hard with graduation or injuries and Gorman is REAL offensively but may need to get a handle on the defensive sided of the ball[/quote]

Yes, and Yes, but it really shouldn't matter. To answer the question to the thread: No, Mount Calm is not playing good football right now. Aquilla walked into Mount Calm and slapped us in the mouth, turned around and went home, and never looked back. It's been some time since I had a team taken to the wood shed and physically whipped like that. Very humbling, but our team learned from it and we'll be a better team because of it. We'll be more competitive by Week 8.

angryGranger":2ffnx74u said:
Mexican Englishman":2ffnx74u said:
Be careful criticizing Mt. Calm, Satcher is considered as a coaching God on this website.
Really? By whom? But the question remains are they any good? Thought they were a contender. At least that's what I've read here
I worship only Goob. All others are suspect.

Kramer":2cj2enb0 said:
I honestly think Abbott's strength of schedule (preseason) will have them ready for district play. I took a look at Penelopes' and Aquillas' preseason schedule and if Abbott played that schedule, They'd be 3-0 or 2-1.

If my memory serves me correct, Abbott ALWAYS starts slow and starts to JELL during district.

Abbott win this district and Aquilla gets 2nd

Pen has played Cranfills Gap, Bynum, Morgan
Aqu has played Covington, walnut springs, Mt Calm

Don't dismiss the Wolverines so easily.
In some "towns" Dreams Die Hard. Plus they have #*!&().

Back