district 8 2014

Blue Bird

Six-man pro
This district could really be a toss up at this point on the playoff teams. Blanket has lost a couple of players that would have helped them. Sidney has gained a couple players that could help them. Rising Star has improved the last couple of years and has a solid team. I understand that Panther Creek had a young team last year, but after their debacle with their schedule I really don't know what to expect this year.

I am a little curious about who these teams scrimmaged and how well they did.

Watch out for those eagles. With the tiger losing some kids to Mullin. Sidney really has a chance to sneak in the playoffs. Also RS looks to be the favorite now. That timing spread had been giving defenses fits from what i hear.

Is it PANIC time for some teams in district like say the two favorites such as Blanket and RS. I heard them eagles are soaring high and PC who knows one day it one team and the next another. Maybe this week when RS plays Gordon we will get a better picture of the district. But i wonder how long is been since the two top teams picked to get out and they finish next to last or last. I am just going of scores people just trying to get everyone's thought on the matter.

When you start looking at wins and losses as well as scores, don't forget to take a hard look at strength of schedule and the rankings of the opponants. This still looks like a very tight and evenly matched district. I guess we will see who wants it the most.

After watching last night game of RS vs the Horns I came away puzzled. Rising Star gave me a feeling of jekyll and hyde. The first half was a great one by both teams. Rising Star was down 10 and they were picked to get 45 by the spread. It did happen in the 4th quarter but only after a melt down from their spread back who I think committed 3 turnovers in a row at one point. I really think this district is going to be fun to watch when district plays comes along.

Wasn't too puzzling to me. Rising Star's spread back was an outstanding athlete with great football instincts. But he was in every play. Every offensive play, every defensive play, every special teams play. And not just in it, but running 10-20 yards, throwing, tackling, kicking extra points. He got wore out. The horns rotate their guys and are a great second half team because they stay fresh. RS would do well to figure out some plays that allows Boucher to get some plays off. The Gann kid is pretty good, let him run 2 or 3 plays every once in a while.

I think we could ask across the state of Texas and his not the only one playing every play. They are a D 2 team depth will be a issue like it is suppose to be. But being wrapped up by 2 defenders and trying to make a extra play that leads to 6 points for the other team hurt. Gann did look like a great athlete but their number 5 looked really good too. They had a kid get hurt that changed some things also. There was numerous factors in the outcome one being Gordon being a great football team a smelled blood and taking care of business. But this is football and QB and SB are the leaders and unfortunately are judged by that at times.

Back