District 4

FAKnights

11-man fan
Any thoughts on district 4? I know BCA lost a lot of seniors and Alvin lost its two best players. Faith only played 1 game last year but they don't lose anyone and gain 7 upcoming Freshman from their undefeated junior high team and lifestyle Christian is joining this year. Should be an interesting year

As the coach of BCA last year and the new coach at Alvin this year, I'd have to say this year should be wide open. BCA did lose some seniors, but it would be foolish to sleep on them. They are returning a spreadback who did a phenomenal job last year and also earned All State for defensive back. They also have a huge freshmen class that is moving up as well, that played that undefeated Bellville team close (lost 6-2 in the second quarter after injuries stopped it.....including my son getting a concussion at QB lol).

As far as Alvin losing their best players, I would think that having a senior in the backfield who was All State Second Team as Wide Receiver and All State Honorable Mention as a Running back will help us out a ton. It also looks like we have some new guys coming on and should have pretty good numbers. I believe we'll have some where between 5-7 seniors this year.

I do suspect that Bellville should be pretty tough this year, but I think it will depend on how much playing time all the new freshmen get. That 8th grade team was pretty physical, but things change when freshmen start going up against seniors. Bellville does have a couple of pretty good offensive guys coming back though if I'm not mistaken.

I think Lifestyle will be the wildcard in the district. I know they have some good athletes, just kind of interested in seeing how they make the transition.

Should be a good battle this year for the district championship.

Dixon_Pattillo10":mmzxscjk said:
I'm more anxious to see if a District 4 team can make a playoff run. Counting on ya, Coach Frey.

We are going to give it a go. We have a very tough non district schedule, so I'm hoping that will prepare us well. We might not have the prettiest record going into district, but we will definitely be battle tested.

Back