Dirtiest Team In Sixman

Tallman

11-man fan
Yeah, saw the Jonesboro and Richland Springs game. Good game except for the crackback blocks by Richland. Crackback blocks have been around a long time but to design plays around a crackback block is just sorry. It's obviously designed to take somebody out. 5 state championships doesn't excuse your coaching or playing.

I don't get that.

Why would you not want to play the game to the extent of the rules?

Were the blocks legal?

Tallman...Have you been watching six man football very long? Every team I have watched and coached against in the last 6 years have those plays! Its part of the game! Has nothing to do with "taking them out"! Its with in the rules and just down right good physical football! I have them in my playbook as well as most of all the coaches I know! Jonesboro got beat by a superior well coached, hard hitting team. Thats it.

A designed play that includes a block that is a crackback in order to move the play up field...that's a legal play...as long as the hit is above the waist...however if the play is 10 or more yards down field and a crackback happens far away from the ball, then you have a case for a dirty play I'd say...

Tall, every crackback I saw was within 10 yards of the ball and above the waist. If you dont want your kids blocked tell the not to pursue the ball

Thought this was a thread about Sands. When Barnett coached them, do not think they ever washed their practice stuff. Scrimmaged them several times and they wore practice stuff and they were plenty "dirty". Ha

I am one of the first people to criticize dirty play....but when you hit a player right in the chest, I dont care if they see you coming or not it is not a cheap shot. Away from the play yes, but around the ball no. I was always taught to be ready for a hit when you change directions on the field. Football is a physical game and there are going to be hard hits. As long as they are LEGAL hits I have no problem.

If you don't want to get cracked, don't play RS.

If you don't want to get cut, don't play BC.

Proper execution is not illegal or dirty. It's just good coaching.

Saw a great game in Richland Springs and for awhile thought I was going to see them lose a home game. They won and did it playing fundamental football. Nothing dirty.

Don Hardin
Abilene

Tallman":1qlikwu4 said:
Yeah, saw the Jonesboro and Richland Springs game. Good game except for the crackback blocks by Richland. Crackback blocks have been around a long time but to design plays around a crackback block is just sorry. It's obviously designed to take somebody out. 5 state championships doesn't excuse your coaching or playing.
It is obviously planned to clear a path for the runner. Jonesboro had game film and RS has a history - so it would be wise "Grasshopper" to draw on the Zen of the Boy Scouts, "Be prepared".

Mr. Tallman I would like to ask just how many years of coaching experience you have that puts you in a position to make judgements on coaches, technique, execution and interpretation of the rules ? And on a second thought - if you are going to unknowingly blame the coaches for use of the technique - don't judge and condemn the players because they were carrying out what their coaches were telling them. ( which I doubt they were being coached to "take somebody out" … and I am reading here that you are saying that coaches are teaching kids to deliberately injure other players ... that they are trying to injure them and take them out of the game … that it a very serious accusation … that is pretty thin ice to be skating on ).

I will agree with one thing … a well executed crack back block will "take somebody out", but just out of the play.

oldfat&bald":1qlikwu4 said:
Dang, them grapes is sour.
Mr. oldfat&bald - that would be really SOUR grapes.

Tallman":30jhwwo4 said:

That little 140 lb. freshman put a slobber knocker on that 200 lb. senior? Shame on him!

oneday":3qpw9vnz said:
one time I ran into a screen and I didn't see it coming...knocked me on my backside...it was a lot like a crackback

When I played basketball, screens were fun to break up by plowing into the offender. No team ever tried screening me more than once or twice. I'd take the foul....

Back