Dirtiest Team In Sixman

Tallman":337d70p9 said:
Yeah, saw the Jonesboro and Richland Springs game. Good game except for the crackback blocks by Richland. Crackback blocks have been around a long time but to design plays around a crackback block is just sorry. It's obviously designed to take somebody out. 5 state championships doesn't excuse your coaching or playing.

Head on a swivel my friend head on a swivel.

Didn't have a dog in the fight so no sour grapes. I've been around long enough to appreciate good hard hitting football. Don't cheap shot me and then run out of bounds so you won't get hit. As for as legal there are alot of things legal out, it does'nt mean you should be doing it. You can get drunk but i would'nt recommend it. Burkie and gang have been doing this kind of stuff for along time and it's time somebody called them out on it. It's obviously touched a nerve among the cedarchoppers. And who made you Mr. Big Red letters the area genius.

Tallman, you may be a little "short" on logic. Been around this board a long time and remember lots of negative comments about the coyotes but not too many about dirty play other than some whining about running up scores.
Funny how this comes up when a supposed " powerhouse" falls victim to the coyotes.
Don't kid me about not having a dog in the hunt...... It's pretty obvious you have to hunt for something negative to rip a fine group of coaches & young men about. Face it, RS really is that good.

Tallman":22u83r5i said:
Didn't have a dog in the fight so no sour grapes. I've been around long enough to appreciate good hard hitting football. Don't cheap shot me and then run out of bounds so you won't get hit. As for as legal there are alot of things legal out, it does'nt mean you should be doing it. You can get drunk but i would'nt recommend it. Burkie and gang have been doing this kind of stuff for along time and it's time somebody called them out on it. It's obviously touched a nerve among the cedarchoppers. And who made you Mr. Big Red letters the area genius.

This "And who made you Mr. Big Red letters the area genius." would be with a " ? " not a period.

And the answer to your question would be ME … and that would not only be "area". lol

You would be calling who out on what exactly ?

Actually you didn't touch a nerve you insulted their intelligence.

Tallman you just knew that Jonesboro was gonna knock the coyotes off didn't you. Then when you score on the first play you are seeing the headlines (Jonesboro smashes the coyotes moves on to take on Milford). What you don't. Know is that RS plays their guts out, # 25- 110 pounds soaking wet will out hit your 200 lbs athlete. I pick RS to win state if they can SOMEHOW get by Mighty Milford. You cannot win state year after year by CHEATING. Your heart must always out play your body...

Tallman":232jma06 said:

Roger,

Why didn't you tell anyone you would be at the game? I'm sure the good people of Richland Springs would have given the commissioner of the NFL a hero's welcome. Next time don't be so coy Mr. Goodell.

By the way have you priced good, solid heart cedar corners lately? Might not be a bad idea to get a file out & sharpen the old double-bit up............................

tallman, get it right......Cherokee is the cedarchoppers.........RS is the sandlappers. have you never heard of the "cedarchopper/ sandlapper classic"? San Saba County Championship Game..............You dipstick!.........Dang pesky coyotes done went and messed up somebodies day again.

I went to the game and im a player for another team. I thought the hit was kinda inspiring (or however you spell it) that little guy roughed up a pretty big boy and as a little guy myself it opened up my eyes to what we are really capable of.

B6MF":35pq6q73 said:
I went to the game and im a player for another team. I thought the hit was kinda inspiring (or however you spell it) that little guy roughed up a pretty big boy and as a little guy myself it opened up my eyes to what we are really capable of.
That's a good perspective.

Ive been in hits like that and let me tell you it hurts both people. I dont see how anyone could think that was dirty, is he just supposed to stand in front of him and get pushed around by the big guy?

I don't have a dog in this fight either, but I know how the boys in Blum are taught! If anyone see's a crack coming they holler out crack and keep your head on a swivel!

I started not to post and probably shouldn't. Cracks are legal blocks and should remain so, except for the already stated behind the ball by so many yards. I was not at the game, but have had some time to ponder this subject. Jonesboro's best RB in game 1 went out in the second half with a concussion. He started again against Zephyr and went out again with a concussion. Here come the big IFS...If this same player was playing against RS and if he was the only player on defense being targeted with cracks that would be a signal to me that the coaching staff had crossed the line from being legal and fair to legal and dirty. Just my 2 cents worth.

Several years ago I was at a playoff game between RS and Gordon at May. RS was running a spread formation. Gordon's QB was playing safety until about midway through the third quarter. He was moved to a position to rush the SB. After one play the RS head coach called a time out and for the next three plays the center circled back into the backfield and clipped the Gordon QB at the knees. The Gordon coach moved him back to safety, I thought to keep him in the game. The clips were 5 to 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage and there was no flag. I can only suppose the White Hat considered them to be within the "clip zone". This was a different coaching staff at RS. But I had no doubt in my mind that Gordon's QB was being targeted to put him out of the game. By the way RS won in a really close game.

westexasflats said:
Tallman you just knew that Jonesboro was gonna knock the coyotes off didn't you. Then when you score on the first play you are seeing the headlines (Jonesboro smashes the coyotes moves on to take on Milford). What you don't. Know is that RS plays their guts out, # 25- 110 pounds soaking wet will out hit your 200 lbs athlete. I pick RS to win state if they can SOMEHOW get by Mighty Milford. You cannot win state year after year by CHEATING. Your heart must always out play your body...[/quote]

i have heard this all my life well its ok he can do it because he is small.... thats a bunch of crap... i didnt see the game i dont have a dog in this fight but you are so proud of the 110lb hitting the 200lb if the rolls were reversed would you be just as happy... the reason i asked a few years back there was kid i think from meadow 6'3" 250lb playing against ft davis in crane at a playoff game the big boy nearly tears a kid in half he hit the smaller boy in the chest but he was flagged for intentional roughness and the refs were on the bigger boy the rest of the game... by the way had no dog in the fight just watching because it was one i could get to... the fd davis fans were livid at the hit the reason was because he didnt have to try and hurt him because ofhis size..... have seen the smaller kids chop block and i asked a ref about it that was sitting in the stands and he said it was a judgement call and based on the differance in size he would not have called it either...... well call the game the same for everyone!!!

Coyotes were accused of a number of crackbacks not just one. As for the little man he will hit you head on. as far as 250 #'rs in 6 man we dont even worry with 'em just go around 'em

To me it does not matter, big or small..tall or short, fast or slow...every kid should give 100% on every play...that is how they are coached. IF your assignment is to crack the middle line backer then crack him whether he is bigger or smaller than you...just do your job.

Tallman":14vchcgj said:
Really, the only people making excuses for richland are the pom pom squad that squeal at everything richland.

So far Tallman doesn't like:

• 1) RS Coaches …….… in his mind they teach their players to hurt other players
    2) RS Players ………... their team wins because they play dirty
    3) RS Fans ………...… because of some "cedar" bias and because they support their team
    4) RS Cheerleaders … because they "squeal" at all things Richland

We should all be glad Tallman says he doesn't have a dog in this hunt !! Can you imagine if he did or WAS a Richland hater ??

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!

Tallman":2gad68c4 said:
Never said I had a problem with the cheerleaders. I do have a problem with the rose colored glasses you hillbillies wear though.

Dang shure ain't know hillbilly - lyve on them thar flatlands planes. Don't whear nun uph those spektacles. I cees reel goodish without 'em.

Kood it be thar r sum jellosey in awl of this ?

I stood koreccted - U did reffered to 'em az a pom pom squid or sumpin like that.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !! Agin ...

Back