New team to sixman

coachjdjones":1aniw8sj said:
That's correct, Coach A. I remember that now. (about Bart transferring)

I have heard that the WD-GC game was awesome. WD beat Rankin by 15 points, was a good game, as well. Rankin and GC were in the same district, along with WV and IC, there were 4 teams in the top 12 of the state that year in the same district.....Rankin and GC survived for the playoffs.

That same year, there was a book being written in Odessa. Good year for football in West Texas.

I was there for that game. It was one of the best HS football games I ever watched. GC damn near beat them.

pecospete":3fs831rx said:
olderelk":3fs831rx said:
coachjdjones":3fs831rx said:
Cool SC stories. Some great years.

My little brother and sister graduated from Evant.
Thanks, yes they were.
I graduated in '57, your brother and sister are probably a lot younger than me.
The good years have been few and far between for Evant and Aldine lately.
Well, the Lady Elks do alright, They had a great year in basketball this year. Went 28-1.

Did you play Florence in those years?
Don't remember playing Florence when I was in school.
According to Lonestarfootball they played '68 thru '75 and '89 thru '91 with Florence up 8 games to 3.

olderelk":1jo71pw1 said:
coachjdjones":1jo71pw1 said:
Cool SC stories. Some great years.

My little brother and sister graduated from Evant.
Thanks, yes they were.
I graduated in '57, your brother and sister are probably a lot younger than me.
The good years have been few and far between for Evant and Aldine lately.
Well, the Lady Elks do alright, They had a great year in basketball this year. Went 28-1.

They are lots younger....classes of '95 and '97. My dad was the girls coach up through the early 2000's.

Old Bearkat":2tjuvyxm said:
coachjdjones":2tjuvyxm said:
That's correct, Coach A. I remember that now. (about Bart transferring)

I have heard that the WD-GC game was awesome. WD beat Rankin by 15 points, was a good game, as well. Rankin and GC were in the same district, along with WV and IC, there were 4 teams in the top 12 of the state that year in the same district.....Rankin and GC survived for the playoffs.

That same year, there was a book being written in Odessa. Good year for football in West Texas.

I was there for that game. It was one of the best HS football games I ever watched. GC damn near beat them.

I wish ya'll would have beaten them. A Rankin -GC quarterfinal game would have been epic. We beat GC by 20 in the district game, but it's hard to beat a team twice.

Dogface2":wbbv7ff5 said:
coachjdjones":wbbv7ff5 said:
....but it's hard to beat a team twice.

Hmmm...I don't get it.
Lots of team sports play series'.

I guess in football it's rare to play the same team twice (common in most other sports), and the old saw is that it is hard to do it twice in one year.

I just checked our history (Seguin Lifegate). In 10 years, we've had three instances of playing the same team twice in a season.

2006 - Bellville Faith (non-district) - Lifegate wins 46-0 in week 4, Lifegate wins 52-0 in week 11 (playoffs, 1st round).

2007 - Bellville Faith (non-district) - Faith wins 39-36 in week 4, Faith wins 27-14 in week 11 (playoffs, 1st round).

2012 - Fredericksburg Heritage (district) - Lifegate wins 65-26 in week 9, Lifegate wins 60-14 in week 14 (playoffs, state finals).

I guess we're the exception that proves the rule!

Dogface2":2vt5gk54 said:
[quote ....but it's hard to beat a team twice.

Hmmm...I don't get it.
Lots of team sports play series'.[/quote]

This is a football board. I'm talking football. Of course, I'm sure you "get it", but you like to stir the pot. I'm older than 12, so this won't turn into a debate.

coachjdjones":eyt4jvue said:
Dogface2":eyt4jvue said:
[quote ....but it's hard to beat a team twice.

Hmmm...I don't get it.
Lots of team sports play series'.

This is a football board. I'm talking football. Of course, I'm sure you "get it", but you like to stir the pot. I'm older than 12, so this won't turn into a debate.[/quote]

That's funny.
You've obviously not seen my spoon.
Debate is healthy.
Would you prefer...
"My team could beat your team 3 times!"

Back