DCTF top 10

Being a local pushing for Water Valley, Robert Lee and Sterling City, this is my input. Water Valley will be up in the play-offs in the end. As the exiting coach said, I am losing some good players, but what is coming is even better. Sterling City lost to many key players and wont be able to replace them. We will see what a great coach can do. Robert Lee has four players that have been varsity starters since thier freshman year. They are going to have a huge year this year unless injuries/grades kill them. I think they will be State contenders. So, this being said, I put Water Valley in the top 3, Sterling City in the mid teens, and Robert Lee at 2. I cant say anything about the other teams as I do not know them. May all teams have a great year injury free.

Quit yankin' my chain, OBK! You think you can just get me to go off whenever.... hey! Wait a minute...

Hmmm.... Truly you are a skilled puppeteer, evil-doer.

my 2 cents WV has to be in there, Sands should as well. I dont get to see many teams from the east to be able to comment on but i have seen alot of improvement in dedication and effort of the teams mid state and to the west. I want to wish all of them well and a healthy year.

i had rather see small town highschool football then all the pro games..

does anyone know what happened to the Meadow kid houston quintilla ( im sure mispelled) i know he was a sr just wonder if he is playing in college.

I guess I'm the only one to watch WV's JV play last year? We did lose David (center),Jude (2 way stater), & Zach (2 way starter). Best of luck to these 3 young men in what ever they pursue! I think coach Owens will be missed, he is a dang fine coach and even a better person. Coach York comes in with a good reputation and is getting to know the players. If the Young Guns (JV) step up and work hard this will be another fine year of WV football.

eaglespirit":shr58att said:
I know one thing for sure. There shouldn't be any question who will win out of the East and West this year. West all the way!! There's no way the East can hang with that.
I bet one of them inferior East teams makes it to the state game.

hornkeeper12":31ewy9ei said:
eaglespirit":31ewy9ei said:
I know one thing for sure. There shouldn't be any question who will win out of the East and West this year. West all the way!! There's no way the East can hang with that.
I bet one of them inferior East teams makes it to the state game.
I would bet that at least 2 of them do!!!!
BUT, you would prolly get bout a doz. from the west
that would bet no East team makes it.
(It's all that gas/oil fumage they're huffin without knowin'.)
jus sayin'.

there always seems to be the eb and flow year in and out about the east and the west, and even how many schools should advance from district play; however if you could see all of them you can tell that sometimes the district has several very good teams that could and should beat the district winners from a differant district.

51eleven":3bkbcne7 said:
Per DCTF Coach York is now at Water Valley. Guess he got tired of those sad old windswept plains ad opted for the more picturesque Concho Valley. With his record at Follett things could be optimistic looking at WV.
Follow the basketball coach to WV did he?

Will any of the schools that moved from DI to DII have any impact this year? I know Aspermont, Northside and Chillicothe moved to DII, any others?

Robert Lee and Follett will make an impact in DII. Robert Lee, like Gordon, has had the same kids start for 3 years now and improved every year

If Robert Lee has the resurgence many believe they will (jury is still out) maybe we'll start hearing from the Chivo Loco again. He's been pretty scarce around here for awhile but he's pretty entertaining when he feels compelled to voice his opinion. Come on back Crazy Goat Man, we miss you around here.

I think that the robert lee team last year got some kids hurt right close to the end. i am not sure how many graduated but i do know that they had to practice and live under some tough situations without any water. i think that all has been rectified. hope for them the best because i think they pretty well thought they were close to the devil with the scourched ground and not a drop of water to quench their thirst.

Old Bearkat":3uoxp9i2 said:
Ditto! We need another pot stirrer around here.......

I wouldn't go that far. There are plenty of pot stirrers to go around but not a lot of Robert Lee voices and we could use his particular... uh... "brand" of humor here.

Back