3) follett
4) mc
5) robert lee
6) calvert
7) newcastle
8) milford
9) cherokee
10) grandfalls-royalty

Doesn't Rotan play Throckmorton early in the season? They might ought to enjoy the top ten while it lasts. If the DCTF picks play out, this will also be a first round match in the playoffs.

No way in the world this is even close. How can you NOT have Water Valley in the top 10? Some of the others in your rankings are pretty suspect too......just sayin'

Don't start this stuff again. Let's let the season play out a little and then we'll have a better idea where the Wildcats should be ranked. Oh by the way OBK, last year the WV won their first playoff game and GC won... oh yeah, nevermind. Must have been all tired out from hoisting that trophy the previous two years.

WV Backer":1cb8fxf7 said:
Don't start this stuff again. Let's let the season play out a little and then we'll have a better idea where the Wildcats should be ranked. Oh by the way OBK, last year the WV won their first playoff game and GC won... oh yeah, nevermind. Must have been all tired out from hoisting that trophy the previous two years.

I knew I'd bring out the lurkers with this one....

Water Valley is changing coaches and lost their best player and don't do to well in the playoffs. I bet 8 or 9 of these teams in each division will end the season in the top 10. Any takers? (Abbott missing and Rotan in, are legit questions to ask...Rotan has 3 players that are crazy fast)

oneday,
Man, that's three strikes right there. I reckon the boys from the WV ought to just quit now before they get embarrassed. But, just for fun, let's suppose they go ahead and play out the string before you go to working on their collective eulogy. How's that sound? While it's true that they DID lose a fine coach, I understand that the guy they hired is no slouch. And it's true that they DID lose their best/most celebrated player but I reckon that's the case with a lot of teams just about every year. I'll give you that the WV hasn't had a heck of a lot of playoff success over the years but (and give this a little thought) I seriously doubt that many of the current players remember the loss to RS in 03 or the blowout at the hands of Highland in 04. No, I think we ought to just let 'em play and see how they do - who knows, they might surprise you.

Backer - I was simply giving reasons why someone would say Water Valley may not be ranked in the top 10...so they aren't in the top 10 they could be ranked 11th or in the top 15, that's not saying they are bad and a horrible team is it? Your post is classic example of overreaction. Did I say anywhere that they were a bad team? Or they shouldn't play? Or any of that stuff you just ranted about? No I didn't. WV is a good team and do have a good coach...did I say the new coach was bad...no I didn't...Stop trying putting words in my mouth.

Tell me oneday. Why is it that you felt the need to weight in on the subject in the first place? Why is it that you felt the need to simply give reasons why someone would say Water Valley may not be ranked in the top 10? Don't try to take the BS highroad here, you opened your trap to stir up $h!t and you know it. Hell, I'm not even opposed to that... I usually give as good as I get and defending the WV has become something of a full time gig around this board. But don't try to take the highroad and say I'm overreacting. Don't try to stir the pot and then back off like you're surprised at the response. You weighed in on the topic for a reason and I'm not buying the benevolent act.

Well maybe I shouldn't have weighed in, you maybe right there...but since my name is on the page in DC I thought I would try to defend the picks and try to explain that just because a team isn't in the top 10 doesn't mean they aren't good (which is what you were try to twist out of my words in the post)

I love it when I push the right buttons and an evil plan comes together.
evil.gif

th_2.gif

biggrin.gif

Truly you are an evil mastermind, OBK. My bad on the touchy/jumping to conclusions thing, oneday. But really, Sterling City? What were you thinking? I guess we'll find out about that one when the Eagles come to town on 9 November.

@ oneday, How much emphasis should be placed on intangibles like tradition when doing preseason rankings?
Personally, I feel that it plays a big role in a team's success. Past success = Confidence= success.
Just pondering................

Back