DCTF D1 top ten

I found these on the DCTF website. There is no telling how long they have been posted. I only saw what I considered two surprises and both are in D1. I am surprised that a Ben-less McLean would make the top ten. And I am really surprised that last years state champion, Blum, did not!

Mexican Englishman":1dmujip5 said:
I am not surprised, they are the same people that had Milford ranked #1 last year and we all saw how that played out.

I think someone else did it this year for 1A.

Ya someone else did them this year...and for the record in March-April/May of last year (when those things are turned in) Milford was a solid preseason #1 pick...a lot of things change between due date and publish date and then again from publish date to season opening keep that in mind

Leman Saunders":21pq4ige said:
Ya someone else did them this year...and for the record in March-April/May of last year (when those things are turned in) Milford was a solid preseason #1 pick...a lot of things change between due date and publish date and then again from publish date to season opening keep that in mind
what changes? The only thing that changes is kids returning from summer break. Stick to posting scores.

Mexican Englishman":1z1xvpr6 said:
Leman Saunders":1z1xvpr6 said:
what changes? The only thing that changes is kids returning from summer break. Stick to posting scores.
Man, your are bad to the bone. You could hurt people feelings(if they have any left) with those type of responses. Just think of how bad some of the sports fans feels of changing the Texas song to the "Spies of Texas " from the "Eyes of Texas"?? That quarterback at TAM deciding that the Sul Ross statue at College Station is somehow affecting his mojo after being there three years already?? So sad?? Milford should be in this top ten group, they will better than Mclean and Ira.

Mexican Englishman":3i2uplfr said:
Leman Saunders":3i2uplfr said:

Ya ok, I wont get into how wrong you are about Milford stuff if someone from Milford wants to correct you that's for them to do, but a good example of how your take there is absurd is take a look at how many coaching changes there are between March and August and that's a significant change to any team.

Leman Saunders":35004tn5 said:
Mexican Englishman":35004tn5 said:
Leman Saunders":35004tn5 said:

Ya ok, I wont get into how wrong you are about Milford stuff if someone from Milford wants to correct you that's for them to do, but a good example of how your take there is absurd is take a look at how many coaching changes there are between March and August and that's a significant change to any team.

Milford will win 85%+ most years even if you just pitch them a ball and play hully-gully. Speed and quickness are key factors.

Johnny South":1a3ymscf said:
Leman Saunders":1a3ymscf said:
Mexican Englishman":1a3ymscf said:
Leman Saunders":1a3ymscf said:

Milford will win 85%+ most years even if you just pitch them a ball and play hully-gully. Speed and quickness are key factors.
That is what Milford plays, and Mr. Leman their was no coaching changes at Milford last year. So get off your knees and quit shining Milford's shoes.

"That is what Milford plays, and Mr. Leman their was no coaching changes at Milford last year. So get off your knees and quit shining Milford's shoes."

ME - If you would read what I wrote I didnt say Milford had a coaching change, I said if Milford wants to talk about the things they went through last year that's on them not me.

What I said was to counter your general statement that nothing changes (what you are insinuating when you say "The only thing that changes is kids returning from summer break") that in fact yes things do change that drastically affect teams such as coaching changes for example and also players moving, transfering, getting suspended and a whole host of other things that happen between when coaches turn in information in March for a magazine and when they actually play football in August/Sept. But hey think what you want and say what you want, I simply am pointing out how your logic is flawed. Stay classy.

Mexican Englishman":1o8fqvca said:
Leman Saunders":1o8fqvca said:

Move ins/ Move outs, Injuries , coaching changes, playbook changes... etc. There’s a lot that changes in between preseason rankings and the result of the actual season. That’s why the games are played. I’m not trying to get into specifics but Milford was a completely different team going into district play then they were when they were picked pre-season #1.

I will say that Milford should not be in the Top 10 for the 2020 season. We graduated 7 seniors and six week 1 starters. Our 2 best players next year are going to be sophomores.

You can have a team that looks really good on paper with no coaching changes, and the chemistry is just not there for them to play together as a team. That type of team will not do as well as anticipated. We are talking high school kids here and you just never know for sure what you will have!

WV Backer":fbf7y2sj said:
You're wasting your time trying to talk sense to this guy, Leman.

While you're probably right about his "sense," I can't believe how mean he is to Leman. The rankings are for fans, not for teams. People remember the state championship, not the preseason #1 ranked team. Milford had some talent last year, so I can see why the experts put them #1. Although it's okay to disagree, telling someone to "stick to scores" seems childish to me.

TebowTime15":3o6v919b said:
WV Backer":3o6v919b said:

While you're probably right about his "sense," I can't believe how mean he is to Leman. The rankings are for fans, not for teams. People remember the state championship, not the preseason #1 ranked team. Milford had some talent last year, so I can see why the experts put them #1. Although it's okay to disagree, telling someone to "stick to scores" seems childish to me.
Tebow ,stick to helping the corruption and cheating going on at Richland and not giving moral advice. Saying "seems childish to me" is actually quite funny coming from a Richland supporter. And yes your expert Mr. Leman, needs to stick to posting scores and stay away from rankings.

Mexican Englishman":sryjxwhd said:
TebowTime15":sryjxwhd said:
WV Backer":sryjxwhd said:

Tebow ,stick to helping the corruption and cheating going on at Richland and not giving moral advice. Saying "seems childish to me" is actually quite funny coming from a Richland supporter. And yes your expert Mr. Leman, needs to stick to posting scores and stay away from rankings.

Mex-Eng, I'll bet you would be Mr. Saunder's staunchest supporter if he had ranked your team at the top! Lol
Hang in there Lehman, don't let him rile you !

Back