D-2 Title contenders

There is another thread to pontificate about the UIL decision. This thread is about D2 contenders. Yes RS is still a contender, although I think they will go through a phase of distraction. Just in time for the Cherokee game.

I believe that RS had the advantage until yesterday. Depending on how they handle this distraction and the new coaches, I believe the chances are more like 50-50.

I am still hoping for a Benjamin / RS big game. But I will gladly cheer on Cherokee if they get that far. San Saba county is undefeated. A lot to be proud of.
I too hope we have a Benjamin vs RS state game but Cherokee has better odds at this point

There is another thread to pontificate about the UIL decision. This thread is about D2 contenders. Yes RS is still a contender, although I think they will go through a phase of distraction. Just in time for the Cherokee game.

I believe that RS had the advantage until yesterday. Depending on how they handle this distraction and the new coaches, I believe the chances are more like 50-50.

I am still hoping for a Benjamin / RS big game. But I will gladly cheer on Cherokee if they get that far. San Saba county is undefeated. A lot to be proud of.
Using my actuarial experience in creating this model, I have weighed the following:

* Richland Springs will have the home field advantage.
* Richland Springs is overall more talented.
* Richland Springs has about an 8 point rating advantage per this website's rankings.
* Richland Springs will remained focused and will play with greater intensity.
* Richland Springs has been "filled with a terrible resolve" keeping in mind how the Cherokee school superintendent and Rochelle school superintendent spearheaded the witch-hunt that unjustly suspended Coach Burkhart from coaching for 3 years.
* Richland Springs passing game is superior.
* Cherokee's kicking game is superior.
* Richland Springs kicking game, especially PAT's, needs improvement.
* Cherokee has a hard-hitting and agressive defense. Overall slightly more than Richland Springs.
* Senior 2021 All-State defensive player Keston Lusty is now an offensive and defensive threat. His nickname on the field is "The Beast".
* Richland Spring's Ethridge with his size and speed is a passing and running threat.

Each of these factors, tangible or otherwise, are weighted according to their probable impact. Assumptions and biased opinions are weighed far less than facts. Unforseen or unexpected events such as player injuries or weather conditions on game day may alter certain probabilities.

Keying these factors and assumptions, my model predicts Richland Springs is favored to win by a 16 point spread.

Back